Subject Author Posted Replies

Repair cracked stair tread...
Interesting idea. I'm not sure the router approach would work since the crack goes up to the skirtboard and my (full-size) router probably wouldn't let me get any closer than 4" or so. Also, I would...
13
13

gloat: shaper spindles
A cousin was cleaning out his basement and give me some very nice items, a 3/4" and 1" shaper spindle assemblies, a 1940 craftsman drill press that is like new and very well made and a couple of saw...

Woodsmith Shop.... duh.
Is it just me or is the Woodsmith Shop on PBS aimed at complete beginners. I don't think I've ever learned anything from watching that show other than how we mid-westerners like to mispronounce words...
12
12

Leon- arrgh
I received them, thank again. Both PDF and Sketchup files are well detailed. One last question if you still follow this link. What about the drawer's tracks. I once made tiny rail track 3/16 X 3/16 in...
35
35

Thanks Swingman, Gripper System
There seems to be an inherent assumption that a get-off on the freeway will be the result of a head on impace with a truck or something. That's very unlikely. Far more likely is that you'll hit an oil...
17
17

Craftsman Router Crafter
Anyone know of an old Craftsman Router Crafter for sale. Model number 720.25250 E-bay ......but I have always been out bid. I'll keep trying unless I can find one elsewhere.
4
4

OT: What is the right choice of beer for watching the Superbowl?
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:10:11 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following: Cute as a button, she is. SCHWINNNG! -- We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey...
49
49

Re: Workmate Mods
The rest of the book is pretty good, too. Almost a little too informative -- deciding which features to include in the "perfect" bench is daunting, though there are some nice measured drawings in the...
11
11

Wet or Dry Sandpaper Multi-grit pack?
I've got a granite block and am set to try the "Scary Sharp" sharpening technique on my planes and chisels. I'll evidently require most of the standard grits of Wet or Dry (silicon carbide) Sandpaper...
21
21

REVIEW - Snap-On Tools Brad Nailer - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, The latest review is up, this time looking at Snap-On Tools new 18 gauge brad nailer. Review online now at Enjoy :) Regards, Dean Bielanowski Editor, Over 200+ detailed woodworking product...
10
10

Looking to upgrade nailers -- Is Rockler deal a good one?
My first plunge into pneumatic nailers involved buying a bunch of el-cheapo Harbor Freight nailers -- they work well if you don't mind not infrequent misfiring (say 1 in 10-20), don't mind that the...
14
14

OT: BUT NOT POLITICAL, a fun puzzle
We need to blow open a safe to get the beer out. SOMEBODY forgot the explosives, so we need to crack the combination lock. Here's what we know: *All digits from 0 to 9 are used exactly once. *The sum...
9
9

Tite Bond survey
Did you rule out Habdyman Club of America? Maybe they wanted to find out how well their give-away glue spreaders work.
4
4

Loose Arbor on Jet TS
The arbor on my Jet cabinet saw seems to have about 2-3 thousandths of side to side play. I pulled off the belts and the arbor can be moved side to side in the arbor bracket. Here is the diagram....
12
12

Vega Copy Lathe
Anyone in the Dallas Tx area interested in an Vega Copy lathe, model 1553 with duplicator. There's one on an auction site I visit. If anyone is interested, I'll post the auction link or email you the...