Subject Author Posted Replies

Outdoor gate material
I have put up a 1,100 split rail fence, and am now faced with building 4 gates to go along with it. What I'm looking to build is something similar to this: are cypress. But I don't currently have...
14
14

O/T: Shake, Rattle and Roll
Shake, rattle and roll, but no Jolt. A 4.3 earthquake, whose epicenter was about 5 miles west of me, hit at 04:03AM this morning. Lasted about 15 seconds and provided a nice vibration to the bed....
27
27

Harbor Freight Variable Speed Multitool- $50
email flier has a coupon for fiddy bucks for the HF multitool VARIABLE Speed version. http://xrl.us/multitoolcoupo
26
26

I'd like to see Saw Stop type technology applied to this!
This carpenter is certainly skilled in new home construction utilizing only the minimal tools required.
7
7

PC Router Collet Trouble
Anyone having trouble with Porter Cable Router Colet holding bits tight? I was routing a wood frame built to hide the edge of a beveled mirror for a large bathroom mirror. I do remember tightening the...
14
14

Precision Framing Square?
You can fix the one you have by pinging it in the right areas. See google for easy to follow directions.
22
22

How to make Maple look like Walnut?
, Jay Pique wrote: Yeah, maple is tricky to stain. Try a coat or two gel stain like the Old Master's with and with out dye first and see what happens. Definitely use a tinted clear coat (preferably...
35
35

Dust collection
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:19:35 -0500, the infamous Delbert Freeman scrawled the following: I'd run straight pipe to the drops with 45-degree junctions, limiting the flex hose and any 90-degree corners...
26
26

Table saw speed
Ultimately you gained more power. If you are happy with it you are fine.
21
21

Saw Stop - Oregon
"Steve" wrote I see the problem. "SawStop asks for licensing fees of 3 percent of the saw's wholesale price to start. As the device becomes more widespread, the fees could increase to 8 percent. The...
64
64

Setting Jointer Knives (A How-to Video)
finished this and thought I'd share. -Brian http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.phpJust

OT - compact fluorescent
Oops - my bad. I missed that line until after I'd responded. You obviously were talking about replacement CFs, and I was talking about the regular 4 pin CFs. Sorry.
18
18

OT: Nanny State wins again?
That's sad. DO watch the video at the end...ROTF Organisers claim the ancient May Bank Holiday event has become 'too popular' and that the local authorities 'couldn’t cope'.
2
2

Re: Slow Speed Grinder
I don't recall who was interested in the "Oneway Grinding Wheel Balancer" but Hartville Tool has it on sale this week. Buy Now Oneway 2272 5/8-Inch Grinding Wheel Balancing System with FREE SHIPPING...
1
1

Stanley Black & Decker
No, I said there are only eight people who don't have insurance that need and want it. Sure, I was exaggerating, but so are those who claim there are 40 million people who can't get necessary care. My...
19
19