Subject Author Posted Replies

ON TOPIC: anybody have knowledge about sapele
Sorry to usurp the OT discussions but I just got a small quantity of sapele. Anybody have suggestions re: working/finishing? i.e. what's the best display? Quater-sawn, rift-sawn, &tc. Also, how to...

Rocking Chair Problem
Cut tenons in thechair posts, set the chair on the rockers, scribe the tenon outlines on the rockers, chop the mortises with a chisel and then secure with screwa from the bottom. That's how they teach...
2
2

Throw away woodworking tip
Every time I see this I think how cool it is. No big deal but I just keep forgetting about it and when I see it done... Using pocket screws for panel glue-ups. My buddies cabinet shop rarely has to...
18
18

OT: Toilet Tank Replacement
I've got a problem so I'm turning to the group that I trust with suggestions. I've got a toilet tank that cracked and I need to replace, here's the questions I have. Can I buy just a replacement tank...
12
12

OT Hi everybody (Thanks Lew)
Thanks Lew, for pointing me to astraweb... I haven't had news server access since leaving Florida for Tennessee and I've really missed the "Wreck". It was a sight for sore eyes to log on and see so...
5
5

Drum related post
Got me thinking about drums. I hope someday to buy a set of Keller shells and do my own finish, make a drilling jig for the hardware and build out my custom killer set. I recently sold off my 7 piece...
5
5

Seeking CA Woodshop or Manufacturer for small run of tables
Hi there! I'm for a california wood shop to manufacture 9-12 tables. I'm aiming to have them be constructed of reclaimed, salvaged, or if those prove impractical, FSC certified wood. The design is...
2
2

Any ever build a octagon picnic table - child size
Hello, I have been asked to build a picnic table for the local school. It will go in the Pre-K and K play lot. I was thinking of building an octagon one but I can't find a plan that does not have open...
4
4

OT: Chemical Etching on glass
So I told my insurance carrier that I had a better deal from another company and they miraculously found a better rate for me for the same coverage. However, when the policy came it said I needed...
15
15

Buddy, can you spare me a Nine.........
I just got back from the local Woodcraft store, where I bought a "37 in 1 Professional Quality Stamping Tool Set" for $20. 26 letters, "&", ".",...... ...."AND 9 NUMBERS, 0 - 8". I guess "9" isn't...
22
22

Template Material
Really light: clear report/essay binder cover from Office Depot/Max
5
5

Reminder 1 week until the Woodworking Show in Saratoga Springs NY
Totally Turning - A premier woodturning symposium featuring the fine craftsmanship of world famous professional and regional woodturners. About Showcase – Northeastern Woodworkers Association

Mission Style Mantel and TV Wall Project
Just got around to taking pictures of a customers job I finished a month ago. You guys helped me on some staining questions of the mantel and I said I would post pictures of it when completed. The...
38
38

OT: Ping -MIKE- drum question
Mike, I finally got new heads for my kids kit. I got Remo Pinstripes for the toms and a Remo EmperorX snare head. After use there are a lot of scuff marks where the tips of the sticks (nylon tips) hit...
38
38

Shop Made Zero Clearance Insert
These are very easy to make. http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/ZeroClearanceInsert#