Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT: Speaking of the hate speech from the right...
I'm amazed at some of the urban myths/lies that fly around despite having been thoroughly refuted years ago. Occasionally someone I think of as a liberal sends me one (the fake list of books Palin...
33
33

Mineral Spirits?
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:55:06 +0000 (UTC), the infamous Larry Blanchard scrawled the following: Yeah, they gave CreoTurpin to really BAD kids. Slowed 'em right down. (I'll have to remember that name....
34
34

Quiet, lightweight upholstery electric staple gun
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:22:59 GMT, the infamous Robert Montgomery scrawled the following: Well, for 3/8" x 3/8" staples into softwood, you might be OK with an electric, but as you said, they're...
75
75

Sanding/buffing/polishing epoxy clear coat top
I ended up clear-coating a wooden vanity top with multiple layers of West Systems epoxy resin and clear coat hardener. While the clear coat is beautiful and high gloss, no matter how hard I tried, I...
4
4

Working for a living...
Hey, Daneliuk and Jack-ass Stein, I'm still waiting for a lucid explanation as to why it's cheaper for me to be sitting around, receiving health care and collecting social assistance instead of...
23
23

What is it? Set 329
A new set has been added to the web site: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
19
19

O/T: Three Blonds
Enjoy It's a groaner. Lew ------------------------------------- Three blonds were applying for the last available position on the Texas Highway Patrol. The detective conducting the interview looked at...
3
3

OT: What's for supper
I slaughtered a goat Sunday and goat has been on the menu all this week. Sunday we had the tenderloin cubed and fried and liver and lights, goat burger Monday. The rest of the carcass was boiled and...
10
10

Well, there's your problem...
The other day I was using my Grizzly edge sander, and when I shut it off it just kept right on going. So I head over to the Grizzly website to order a new switch, and the parts index points me to a...
3
3

Jet Parallel Clamps... NOT Parallel?
Am I wrong or are parallel clamps supposed to be parallel? On my Jets, the end clamp section tilts in a bit and the adjustable end tilts in a bit (1/32-1/16"), after tightening. Is there an adjustment...
32
32

Build Your Own Bandsaw
If you have never seen any of this guys videos on YouTube, check them out. I have a link to his site on my webpage and I am constantly amazed when I visit his site....
9
9

Width, Length and other Ambiguities
Sooooo..... being nonprofessional, I found myself doing a double-take when magazine articles use the word "width" when I would have expected "length", or vice versa. It took a couple decades, but I...
24
24

ping Morris
this might be of interest to you. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=energy-from-a-water-bottleThought
5
5

Off Topic:World's Hottest Chili?
> I spoke about this with an Indian friend in my Spanish class. He nodded and was well-acquainted with the Ghost Chili. But it became apparent that the heat was no big deal to him. He said that in the...
2
2

More on "Saw Stop"
I don't know if this has been posted before, but it is some high speed footage of the SawStop in action on youtube: Joe aka 10x --
1
1