Subject Author Posted Replies

Quality 1/4 plywood for project
I need to make a few of these bad boys. The base is 1/4" plywood that's bend to form the ski. It needs to be high quality plywood, but I'm not sure what to ask for or look for. Is there a name or name...
8
8

Porter Cable model 334 to 333
So my PC sanders pad foam just disintegrated, I order a replacement from e replacements. But I am getting the hook and loop replacement rather than the PSA one, DONE with the stickey (or not) psa...
4
4

Making Plywood: Then vs. Now
Not much has changed. Plywood is a simple material made by glueing together thin sheets of wood, known as veneers or plies. These basic elements have remained broadly the same throughout its history....
10
10

Totally OT (But Funny) Selling A Car On Craigslist
I posted a vehicle on Craigslist today and got my first response within a couple of hours. Who knew it would be so easy? "Nice car. I'm very interested in purchasing it. I'm not in town now, so...
12
12

What is it? (Amateur version Post #21)
Here is another post in my amateur ?What is it?? tool threa d. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size a nd how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. As...
7
7

Quick Question on Accufence
I am planning to add an Accufence to my old Powermatic 66. I want to build an extension table that butts flush up to the table. So here is my question - Do I really need the back rail or can I use the...
14
14

Drum Sander
Hi, I'm looking at drum sanders. I presently have a Delta 16/32 which was given to me. Not the best design in the world I run across this Craftsman 18/36 Was considering it. I like the Supermax style...
3
3

American Chestnut
Sonny mentioned he wanted to plant chestnut trees - here's a link showing native range & much more info : A quick google search for american chestnut planting range returns some other good looking...
17
17

Finished the Cypress Chairs
A few weeks ago I finished the cypress chairs, 2 captains and 3 side chairs . Took about 1.5 yrs from concept to finish. Probably one of my longes t projects to complete. but no power tools were used,...
9
9

HF blades for Dremel oscillating tool
HF blades are about half the cost of Dremel?s. Any hands-on experie nce with the HF version beyond the usual buyer beware? I don?t use the Dremel often.
9
9

Winterizing garage workshop
Living in the Great White North, and sharing a 1 1/2 car garage with my beloved, I'm in the process of trying to extend my shop time beyond the week and a half of summer. Beyond the obvious steps of...
7
7

Thrifty Cabinets Plans
Hello everyone! I have created a series of easy-to-build cabinet and furniture plans called Thrifty Cabinets. There's a sample plan available for every plan, so you can see what you get before you buy...
28
28

PEX For Shop Air Lines?
My son bought me a 50' retractable air hose for Christmas. I plan to hang it in my attached garage where it will get the most use. However, I also use my portable air compressor in my shop, which is...
67
67

Glueing frozen boards question
I have a couple of nice rough hard maple boards to plane and shape for a la p desk. But these boards have been in the freezing cold for a couple of day s. Will this affect the glue bond since they...
2
2

Miniature Christmas Gift - Let's Call It A Prototype
I'm supposed to build a bench for my daughter's dining room. I had planned to get it done before Christmas, but life got in the way. I've been trying to figure out what to give her as sort of a gag...
8
8