Subject Author Posted Replies

Finishing Question...
Hi All, Having a problem with Spar Varnish and dust motes or very small bubbles. After multiple coats of varnish, I sanded smooth, and applied a coat of just opened Marine Spar Varnish with a new...
29
29

best wood suited for playset
Which available woods would best be suited for a small children playset? I inherited a ACQ treated wood playset. I've pulled off most of the boards leaving a skeleton. I was not comfortable using ACQ....
3
3

O/T: Hello
"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's "Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal. Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice otherwise. Time to...
27
27

Buy a jig or have them done by CNC?
Hi All I am hoping someone may be able to give some insight, I wish to make some fitted book selves. I intend to use pegs to support / adjust the shelves, and I am concerned about how to drill the...
31
31

Comments on my Scarey-sharp grit scale
I got a piece of custom 3/8 inch glass that fits 12 1/3 sheets of 11x9" sandpaper - 6 per side. The scale I have been using is: 120 150 220 320 400 600 800 1200 1500 2000 2500 3000 I chose the scale...
16
16

OT: Dunno
I suppose this is as OT as it gets: I was watching ACL and Wilco was on. What am I missing?
2
2

Woodworking history
Saw this in Woodshop News magazine; haven't seen it mentioned here, thought some would enjoy. A gentleman named Ray McInnis has been documenting how the woodworking trade has developed through the...
4
4

It's the Glue!
That dang CatPee Glue (TM) strikes again! Thousands of U.S. homes tainted by Chinese drywall should be completely gutted, according to new guidelines released Friday by the Consumer Product Safety...
1
1

Deforestation side effect.
Definitely ON topic, thank you, jo4hn. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Deforestation.jpg
20
20

Legecy Mill
Having returned to being able to get the news group it has been quite a while since I saw some of the names. Just curious if anyone in the group has a legacy mill. I am awaiting the delivery of the...
1
1

My workbench design project
After thinking about the workbench I want to build for a while, I am leaning towards using many facets of "Garrett Hack's Ultimate Workbench" (I first saw it in the FWW, "Tools & Shops, annual issue",...
23
23

removing pulley
I bought the set of machined pulleys for my delta contractors saw. Any hints on how to get the nut loose from the saw arbor? I tried vise grips on the shaft, level to try to jamb it against the shaft...
4
4

OT: Just got a juicer
Ok. I finally bought a juicer today and bags of fruit at the store. Wow!!! The kids are going to start calling me Crazy Juice Guy. So far I've tried apple/orange/pear blends. Incredible flavors. And...
55
55

Low priced source for mixed grit wet-dry sandpaper?
I need to refresh my wet-dry sandpaper supply for my Scarey-Sharp sharpening system... To do this I like to buy 3-5 sheets each of about 12 different grits of sandpaper from 150 grit up to 3000....
8
8

Towers Bedroom Tweek
For those that are familiar with the bedroom project that I have been working on, it was completed a few weeks ago. The tower cubby holes on both sides of the bed were a bit large and disorganized. I...
7
7