Subject Author Posted Replies

Drill bits - what's worth the money?
I'm looking for some good quality drill bits. I'm planning to get a full 29 piece index of both brad point and twist bit style. As far as brad point bits go, I'm probably going to go with Lee Valley...
15
15

Sad departures
I had occasion today to look at all the links I've saved on other people's workshops. Many, many dead links. A sad goodbye to Howard Ruttan who often posted great things. So sad to not be able to...
46
46

Table from hell, or just say no.
At the urging of SWMBO, I agreed to refinish a small table for a friend of hers, with the caveat that I wouldn't touch it if it contained any plastic, MDF or particle board. The table shows up a few...
20
20

Protective stripping on cut composite board
I need to cut away some material on a vert side board to ease access to an air bed in a water bed style containment enclosure. This will expose the rough composite board and the user to friction,...
4
4

What is it? Set 331
I need some help with the last one in this set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
23
23

RE: I've Got A Bone To Pick
Currently the NYW is running a rerun of Norm making a small, 32" diameter, table from recycled pine. The stock for the table top comes from a piece of 12" wide barn siding, from which three (3), 36"...
8
8

Ripping Mahogany and Burn, and a Cedar question
I'm having a bad time with burn marks on some mahogany I'm ripping. The blade's clean, but possibly dull. I have a new blade ready to use, but... well, what else can I do to avoid burning? Also, I'm...
20
20

Sliding miter saw
I?ll preface this... I have an (ancient by todays standards) older B&D 10" regular miter saw (no compound, no sliding, etc.) It is so old that the "blade brake" has fallen off, not that I ever really...
11
11

Delta 10" Radial arm saw
Have a Rockwell delta , When the saw head is moved back and forth to cross cut it feels rough, I checked the bearrings and they seem fine and the 2 tracks that they ride in are smooth and clean. Any...
3
3

Unisaw Bearings
Replaced the arbor bearings a few weeks ago and now they are making noise again. They can't be worn out already, what else could cause the noise?
13
13

O/T: You Gotta Be Kidding
From Huffington Post: 'Confederate History Month' Declared By Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell
22
22

Delta 33-890 RAS
I bought a used saw and it won't raise or lower, along the column axis. I installed a new gear on the back end of the raising/lowering rod.... the previous one was missing. I don't know how long it...
9
9

WoodshopDemos founder passed away
I haven't logged in the site in awhile but I did tonight and found the following: "March 1, 2010---Sadly, John Lucas, my husband and author of passed away on February 22, 2010. John truly enjoyed his...
3
3

O/T: Such A Deal
Such a deal from the RNC, home of Family_Values. Call toll free: 1-800-Bondage Or: 1-800-Sex-Games Lew
26
26

Re: id
http://www.johnhartstudios.com/wizardofid/images/wiz.jpg