Subject Author Posted Replies

Festool Rotex 125
Is this sander a random orbit or strictly an orbital sander? I can see where an *orbital* sander would be more aggressive than an ROS. Max (still pondering)
12
12

COOL NEW NEANDER TOOL!
'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too? -Zz PS: I have three tools from Bridge City: a 4" X 2" saddle square, a 3" try square, and a little jointmaker's hammer, all rec'd as gifts. I...
10
10

HF pin nailer - good/bad?
Was in the"Chinese-Political-Prisoner-Tool-Company" aka Harbor Freight earlier this evening. Saw a 23ga pneumatic pin nailer for sale (). Looks like a decent buy for $25, but is it? Does anyone have...
8
8

Drill/Screwdriver bit holders ... your favorite?
I've tried a bunch of the combo things as well, and find them fussy. If I'm just drilling for a few, they're fine, but if I'm doing a bunch I have redundant drills so I use them. It doesn't take any...
29
29

O/T - This could spark some discussion
entitled: "Why work when I can get =A342,000 in benefits a year AND drive a Mercedes?" For reference, says that =A342,000 is just over $65,000 in US dollars. Who knows if Mail Online is a legit paper...
28
28

OT: Cutting Aluminum Stock
Carbide is what's used all the time to cut aluminum from what I've read. I cut a fair bit of it at work and have sometimes used a piece of wood inside the angle to back up the cut. Never had a...
22
22

What is it? Set 332
1904 - gas burner head 1905 - necktie rack 1907 - corn crib 1908 - some sort of one-handed clamp or holder
30
30

OT Surgeon General's Warning: More than a handful ...
... can be dangerous to your health: http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/30506351
9
9

Door Bell Chime Cover
I punched the perimeter of the square with my 1/2" hollow chisel from my old delta mortiser attachment. I drilled out the center with a 1/4" forstner bit and worked my way out to the line with a...
7
7

OT: But Worth The Time to Read
Two different kinds of "protection". The government provides a fire department that puts out fires so the city doesn't burn down, you provide insurance to pay for what was destroyed in the fire before...
21
21

Correlation: Woodworkers and Computer Vets
Ahh, the old 2741 Interactive Terminal. Saw one of those eat a Big Mac once--fragments of all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onions flying all over the place (the sesame...
53
53

Finish
Scripture says, "There is wisdom in many counselors." That being the case, I would value some input on how to finish a blanket chest I am making. I will, of course, run test pieces, but I am looking...
4
4

Belt sander
"Larry Jaques" wrote Remember the old Black and Decker cords? They plugged into all their tools and came in different lengths, If you damaged one of them, you just unplugged it and plugged in another...
34
34

Using drywall screws for woodworking
Link to a good article posted in another newsgroup: I'm pretty "old school" and something of a purist, and don't like to use these other for their intended purpose (securing drywall to framing), but...
9
9

upgrading bandsaw motor
My Ridgid bandsaw is dragging quite a bit when resawing - no matter the speed or blade. It is an old model with a 3/4 HP motor. Is there any issue with swapping out the motor to a 1 or 11/2 HP? Am out...
5
5