Subject Author Posted Replies

ABPW help request
I would appreciate very much if someone with access to would forward a complete copy of the post with the subject "Re: Repost with a proper sized picture (1/1)". Thanks
14
14

Apply poly to drawer slides?
I've built a chest of drawers, and am almost to the finishing stages. The drawer sides are also the points at which the drawers slide, and I was wondering if I should apply polyurethane to the sides...
30
30

wish me luck
With luck, our offer on a short sale here in town will result in me getting a good sized garage to double as a shop. I have no intention or desire to restore my former shop in NC, but would definitely...

O/T: Redneck
From another list. Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------- A REDNECK was walking home late at night and sees a woman in the Shadows . 'Twenty dollars' she whispers . Bubba had never been...
6
6

Harbor Freight Shopsmith
Well, shut my mouth! I didn't know about this doozie. $2500 (less $500 with standard 20% off coupon and a free flashlight) Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that...
17
17

Some Interesting LOTR Woodworking Stuff...
Hand made replica of the hobbits housing, etc. Not all woodworking, but quite detailed interiors, etc. Might interest some. Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:...
5
5

What is it? Set 333
1909: Baby weigher - oh grams - drug dose scales 1910: Snuff box - inject volatile poison gas to kill insects (used by butterfly collectors) 1911: Cattle crush - for branding, horn removal etc. 1912:...
36
36

Shop Classes
Motivated by something I read online, I just visited my old high school's web page and couldn't locate any remnants of wood shop, metal shop, or auto shop. Have these sorts of classes mostly been...
32
32

OT - Medical Humor
A prominent heart surgeon walks into the repair shop to check status on his motorcycle overhaul. The mechanic calls him over from the corner of the shop. "Hey Doc. Look at this. I tear this bike...
4
4

Review - M.Power Perfect Butt Profile Scriber - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi folks, Just posted a review of the M.Power Profile Scriber which you can view free online at Hope it helps! Circular Saw Buyer's Guide Buyer's Guide When most people think of power tools, it seems...
2
2

wow, that's a big saw blade
Hey, did you folks see this? saw did this blade come from? Marc (It's been on our local news feed this morning)
7
7

O/T: Throw Another Log On The Fire
One year ago the temp reached 100F. Today was a struggle to reach the high 60F's. A Spring winter storm, more like a late Winter storm is coming in off the Pacific. The ski resorts are loving it, they...
30
30

Gloat apple wood
I let my dog out the other night and saw my neighbour up his apple tree lopping branches. I don't know how old the tree was, but I've been here for 30 yrs and it was a good size back then with...
3
3

OT: Girls night out, where to eat dinner?
A group of 40-year-old girlfriends discussed where they should meet for dinner. Finally, it was agreed upon that they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant, because the waiters there were good...
1
1

Two wins for the local independent
Needed one of those sandpaper pencil sharpeners. Easy enough to make but they're under a buck, or were last time I needed one, so why bother. None of the office supply places had them, or the arts and...
5
5