Subject Author Posted Replies

The Bench - Finally Done
I finished my daughter's bench. It's a good thing that I don't do this stuff for a living. My hourly rate would be in the negative numbers. It's ready for delivery and ultimately to be painted....
25
25

Walnut Root Ball
I'm kind of interested in this root ball. I'm hesitant because I don't hav e an immediate project in mind, but I can imagine a possible potential. I don't generally price this sort of "lumber"....
11
11

Ping Derbydad, Building cabinets and face frames with a track saw.
9 part series. The link starts at Part 2, Part 1 is an into. In this 9-part video tutorial series, Festool trainer Brent Shively teaches how to build two types of cabinets: frameless and face frame...
1
1

Is My Table Saw Arbor Shot? Bearings, Actually
I have a 70's era Craftsman contractors saw. 113.298031 When I move the blade by hand it feels "chunky". I took the belt off so that I was just spinning the blade and arbor and it "hesitates" every...
14
14

OT - Help with chainsaw.... Plus
New Stihl chainsaw model MS 250. Used once before. Second use - cutting 12" diameter creosote telephone poles. Made 8 cuts, then saw stopped working properly. Saw starts, runs ok, but once you pull...
18
18

OT: I Was The Recipient Of A Random Act Of Kindness
My daughter lives about 3 hours away. Earlier this week she called and said she was coming home for the weekend. SWMBO suggested that we get tickets to touring-version the musical Chicago. Since the...
3
3

OT: Skill in tree felling
Seen it before but always cool to watch again.
2
2

Bench Legs: Angle and Placement Questions
The questions are: "What angle should I use for the legs?" and "How far in from the ends of th e seat should the leg assemblies be placed?" The following is a prototype of the bench I'm building. The...

1st craft show -- pointers/tips??
I'm dipping my toe in the craft fair. There's a small / new one at our churh in April. I'm going to sell bread/cutting boards, pizza peels, trivets, & coasters ... Some may be over priced for this...
2
2

Is Lowe's Advertising For Home Depot?
I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's carried them, so I went to their website. They have them and on the page for the product I found this: That's a Ridgid...
17
17

[SOLVED] Bandsaw Question
I've had an old 20" Davis Wells bandsaw for about 5-6 yrs, all manual adjus tments. I've always used a 3/8" blade and I've adjusted the tension accordingly. The blade ran true and my cuts are fine....
3
3

Another Track Saw
OK, just for the record, I am not suggesting getting rid of a TS and replacing with a track saw. But if you don't have either and limited space a track saw should be looked at closely. And especially...
30
30

Is My Planer Set Up Correctly?
With the planer off, I lowered the cutter assembly just low enough that the infeed roller exerted just a little bit of drag on the board as I manually pushed it in. I ensured that the board was not...
62
62

One Day Woodshop Rental in Boston area
My son needs a workshop for one day to build some wooden stands for a Scout Eagle project. We don't necessarily need tools, just a space to fit about 10 boy scouts in. Do you know of anywhere we can...
5
5

shaping epoxy resin
I have poured a maple burl wood table that has turned out great. I now want to shape the sides to fit the contour of the burl sides. What is the best method do accomplish this task? Originally, I was...