Subject Author Posted Replies

Has anyone here made a "Pin Router" setup?
I need a pin router setup (or maybe an inverted pin router) to make some irregularly-shaped cuts from a pattern. I saw on some web site where they made an arm that attached to a table and there was a...
35
35

Butcher Block Workbench Top
Sears craftsman club has a real good price for 96" x 2' x 1 1/2 " butcher block top....$150 with taxes ...local pickup at Sears. Logon to craftsman club and search for this... Craftsman 8' Butcher...
2
2

Really small sculptures
The Weird, Strange, Bizarre & Odd Stuff
3
3

Brushes on Orbital Sander Craftsman
Is there any rule of thumb for replacing the brushes on orbital sanders? I mean what are the settings if any. Thanks.
5
5

MDF quality
------------------------------------ If the lumber yard is within 10%-12%, why not support them? If not, ask how close they can get. These days yaw never know. Lew
22
22

Spider Box
You have all seen the "Spider in the Box" joke box. Does anyone know where to get the plans for one? Maybe, I should say, does anyone know how the mechanism works. The box is a piece of cake, but its...
2
2

Panel raising bit: Update
I tried using spacers in front of the fence and doing multiple passes with my 3 1/4" panel raising bit in my shaper. The cutting was so clean and easy during testing I tried just powering through a...
11
11

OT: Follow up to computer problem
First off, thanks for the replies and interest. I also posted to a couple WinXP-specific groups, and got 3-4 revelant replies (and several OT replies re: cross- vs. multiple posts). After many...
35
35

Can you sharpen as good as this guy?
it is woodworking, in a very small sense. MJ The Weird, Strange, Bizarre & Odd Stuff
2
2

O/T: Call Me Lucky
Had a carton of eggs in the fridge that is on the present recall list. Had used several of the eggs in that carton with no apparent problems. Returned to market and got a replacement. Call me "LUCKY"....

How does one announce he has several hundred board feet of 2X Cherry wood to sell?
All I have about 300 board feet of 8/4 Cherry Wood to sell. What is the proper way to list this for sale here and not violate all the rules? Bob AZ
20
20

Miter Gauge Angle Error.
I wrote a blog post on miter gauge angle error. I'd appreciate any feedback or your take on it. Garage Blog
9
9

What brand of carpet tape?
I keep reading recommendations to fasten templates to stock with "carpet tape" for template routing and to use "carpet tape" for various other operations. In some videos a tape is shown that is wide,...
25
25

Self locking folding hinge
Have been asked for advice on making a folding wooden walking stick for a large heavy man. So its got to be something a bit stronger than usual. Was thinking of something like using 2 inches (5cm) by...
17
17

Article on restoring the Charles W. Morgan to seaworthiness
They're working on restoring the 170 year old whaling ship. I'll have to see about taking a trip to check it out. I haven't been to Mystic Seaport since I was 8 years old or so.
4
4