Subject Author Posted Replies

Use your scrap HW flooring for table tops
I needed to make a quick table to put my scanner above my printer and saw that I had a inherited a few scraps of HW flooring that work perfectly! Sorry for the grainy image. I'm leaving it at original...
38
38

Where can I buy a small drawer cabinet
I ave this CNC mill in the pendant, there is empty space where the original Heidenhain control once was. There is a rectangular space inside where I could fit a drawer cabinet, 10" wide, 8" tall, 10"...
7
7

Drilling Ash, much smoke, sage advice anyone?
7/8 Forstner, in drill press at lowest speed (350 RPM). Carbon steel. Bit sharp (how do I know? Worked it over with a fine grit diamond file las time I used it. This time I managed to slice myself...
27
27

OT/ A Success Story
Finally, some good news A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that look like prayer mats. It's doing well. He says Prophets are going through the roof.
2
2

FIY Sketchup 8 is available
If you have the pro version you now have solid modeling capabilities. For the rest of us you can now save your and restore you tool bars.

Titebond III, melamine, heat observations
Just on the odd chance that someone might find it useful, I'm tossing out a couple of observations about Titebond III. Making wagon wheels, FWIW (not asking for advice on that, the wheels are as done...

O/T: Veal
I recently said I refused to eat veal because of how the animal was forced to live it's short life. The current bru ha ha showing a secret video tape of actual living conditions and now involving Bob...
33
33

What is it? Set 352
2023: I'm going to guess that it's an updraft carburetor from a dual- fuel tractor that is started using gasoline and then switched to cheaper tractor fuel/distillate when the engine is warmed up....
2
2

Anybody hear of/know of SkidSteerExpress???
Nothing much on them, themselves on home page, etc. Have a couple things I'm interested in but hadn't heard of 'em and just thought I'd ask here as there are a lot of folks into a lot of stuff... A...
18
18

OT More Problems for California
This just in, GOLF Banned in California Due to the environmentalists not wanting human interaction with nature and a TOTALLY wreckless golfer, Golf will be banned. Because burning wood and charcoal in...
11
11

Tool question
I need a band saw type of machine. I say type, because I do not need a large band saw to make big cuts, but rather a small one with a blade with up and down motion to cut small designs and pieces. Is...
16
16

O/T: Score Card
Let's see, on one side of the ledger we have: Over $1 trillion of borrowed money was spent, Over 4,000 lives were sacrificed, Over 30,000 were wounded. This is only the USA and doesn't include our...
28
28

OT: Imaged my First Deep Sky Object
Galaxy. Wahhoooo! 13 X 10 seconds SC 9.25"
22
22

Auction in NH
Saw this on Craigslist... SUNDAY AUGUST 29TH, 2010 11:00 AM From Interstate 93, Take US-302 , EXIT 40, toward BETHLEHEM. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-302, Main Street in Bethlehem. Continue to follow...
8
8

O/T: Commercials
Sent to me by a Kraut buddy. Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------- Gotta love those European commercials... All across Germany 's northern-most border with Denmark you'll find an incredible...