Subject Author Posted Replies

The history of the Jummywood Tree
I looked differently at an heirloom sent to me from the Land of Down Under almost a decade ago. The Aussie leather patch on the front was long gone from moving. The memories of not only its maker but...
14
14

Graco ShotPro?
Sounds too good to be true ... Was talking to my paint contractor who did a small job for me today and he just bought one for painting doors and other small jobs. This guy is a very busy pro, and he...
2
2

Woodworking show in Sonoma County
Until October 17th, the Sonoma County Woodworkers Association is having its annual Artistry in Wood show at the Sonoma County Museum. The show has 90 pieces of functional and decorative wood art. The...

Table Saws, plus....
In lieu of the recent issues concerning non-Sawstop table saws, some institutions are replacing their table saws, the local tech school being one of them. Here is another school that is replacing...
36
36

Ideas for making a single top for a long series of Ikea bookcases
I've got a set of IKEA bookcases. Each one is roughly 30H x 30W x 14D and is divided into 4 square sections. There are 4 and a half of them, the "half' being half as wide, with only two sections. They...
24
24

Worth buying a CHEAP plywood blade for circ. saw?
Through an unexpected turn of events I have recently gone from having no working circular saw to having two. (One fixed, one "inherited") One has a 40 tooth 6.5" blade. The other is "coarser",...
16
16

Cutting MDF panel problem
Cutting some MDF panels. They are 18x16.5, 3/4 MDF. After I cut, I checked the diagonals. NOT even. I checked the blade to the miter slot - dead on. I checked the blade square to the table - dead on....
14
14

OT: Service
For Canadians, just insert Canadian equivalents. I became confused when I heard the word__"Service" Internal Revenue_'Service' U.S. Postal_'Service' Telephone_'Service' Cable TV_'Service'...
3
3

What is it? Set 356
2051 - On his wrist? It's a watch, I think! Sonny
6
6

Marine choice of woods
I have a Lund 16' aluminum boat. It is not an expensive boat, not a teak and mahogany cruiser. I am going to redo some of the places on it where I think wood would be very attractive, the vee at the...
10
10

Fein Vacuums: Auot-Start Load?
I should be getting a Fein Turbo II this weekend. I've been thinking about how I will use it, and for most jobs, I won't want to use the auto-start feature. I assume the load runs off the same cord as...
25
25

Yellow vs White glue
I was in Frank Klauz's shop a few weeks ago and he was using elmers glue. I have been using titebond yellow, sometimes an elmers dark glue, I know this is a matter of opinion, but figured I would like...
47
47

If you like your Kerfmaster....
tool for tenons. -Zz
17
17

for sale cloverdale IN 12" Delta radial arm saw 220 volt with Biesemeyer systems
for sale: $500.00 765-795-4044 Delta 12" Radial arm saw regular 220 volt single phase with two cabinets and two 72" Biesemeyer fence sytems with Biesemeyer flip stop will deliver for cost within...

Screw box (SFW)
Has anyone had any luck making their own screw box? Thanks, s
9
9