Subject Author Posted Replies

woodworking school recommendations
I have a month long sabbatical and I'm thinking about taking a woodworking class. I'm probably an interrmediate / advanced woodworker and have built most of the case goods in our house. They aren't...
20
20

Sanding table
I made a sanding table years ago from peg board that I enlarged the hole in and supported the board using small dowels to keep the board level but not block air flow. I would like to cover that with a...
7
7

Dovetail orientation
I have a small shop with limited make-up space. So I build small projects like keepsake boxes, miniature chest's of drawer, and the like. I sometimes use dovetails in the cases. I'm wondering if there...
3
3

Foam brushes
I have had this baggie with a few foam brushes in my drawer for a couple of years. I can't recall why I bought them, if in fact I did. I was finishing the backs of some drawer fronts and I thought the...
9
9

stupid safety rulers...
I wanted to buy a replacement 12" stainless steel ruler. Shopped all around town. Apparently almost all now have rounded corners, presumably to keep us from hurting ourselves, so the graduations don't...
15
15

OT (kinda) - Hardi Panel Siding w/o sheeting
We are planning construction of a garden shed to store garden tractor, yard tools, and "stuff" (and regain use of my garage shop). We are considering Smart Siding, Hardi Panel and T-11 (T1-11). Like...
47
47

Tucson
We are going to be visiting the U of A Cancer Center tomorrow and perhaps several more times throughout this year. I was hoping someone might direct us to any good eateries and other cool shops in the...
11
11

Did I pass a good one?
A Craftsman scroll saw, but the band saw variety. The whole table could be angled. The bed was about two feet square, and it was about 4.5 - 5' in height. It had a blade plus three NIB replacements....

1/2" Router for Router Table / Suggestions?
I'm going to build a router table. I've already rounded up the T Track, insert, plexiglass guard, etc. It occurred to me that it might be time for me to get a 1/2" router. Any special features it...
27
27

Rough Cut
New show on PBS looks pretty good so far. Log to furniture in one show. He uses hand tools as well as power. His favorite tools so far are a marking gauge, hand plane, chisel and chalk.
8
8

OT: Yummy yum yums
What's a Sunday without an e-mail from one of my health-nut friends. People eat this shit. A lot! http://tinyurl.com/25t6coj
4
4

Small bathroom project
Since I 'retired' by selling my countertop division, Angela somehow thought it meant room/time for some projects around the house: Small bathroom. Entertainment centre for flatscreen etc. Break out...
27
27

Adjusted the fence last night...
It took less than half an hour to diagnose and fix a minor alignment issue with my table saw. The combination square indicated the blade was parallel to the miter slow, and the fence was out slightly....
38
38

What is it? Weekend Edition 6
I don't know the answers for the first two, but I think that I know the purpose of #24 & 25: 22. 3-1/2" long, someone found this underground in their garden: The owner's description: It opens and...
24
24

Mildly OT: Suggestions for a new pocket knife
Yeah, my trusty ol' Kershaw "Grant County" model 3100 lock knife with a 1-7/8" blade and black ABS handle: finally outlived its usefulness after 20 years of refusing to become lost like every other...
47
47