Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Weekend Edition 8
These photos were all recently sent to me, the first three were submitted by people looking to identify the items, I've already posted them on my site sometime in the last six years so you can test...
53
53

Making legs for an Asian style cabinet (video)
A little text, and then two short videos showing the use of a simple, but very effective jig. Making legs for an Asian style cabinet. Asian Cabinet #1: The Design - by Brian Havens @ LumberJocks.com ~...

questions regarding two kitchen cabinets is a corner
I am planning on building new cabinets for my kitchen. In one corner, there are two base cabinets that are positioned currently so that they only touch in the front. (leaving a empty space in the...
9
9

DE-Rusting tools a bad way.... courtesy of Nick Engle.
I recently tried using Nick Engle's potato solution for getting rid of rust. I found it searching the internet and decided not to do the reverse electrolytic process I had found. I am not sure this...
45
45

Rare earth magnetic knife holders
I want to take a strip of oak and rout holes in it for quarter sized rare earth magnets to stick my knives to rather than having them in a drawer, which I think is unsafe. What is a good glue to use...
33
33

Hinge(s) or ???
Hinge(s) or ??? Working on a little organizer. Shaped like a simple miniature bookcase, 2 sides, 2 shelves, about 15" square with depth of 5". It is designed to have a 'door' over the lower shelf....
5
5

Looking for a "deeper" wood vice
This is the wood vice I have now. It works great except that sometimes I need to hold a part in it that requires the "jaws" to be taller. happens is that the part hits the guide rods and screw...
3
3

Easy HVLP water-based spraying of lacquer or poly
I am a newbie to HVLP and am looking for advice for an "easy" newbie finish that meets as many of the following criteria as possible: 1. Strong/durable clear coat 2. Easy to set up & apply 3....
13
13

lithium-ion and infrequent use
I am wanting to get an 18v lithium-ion compact drill, either a Makita or a Bosch. I've used both and like them. I currently have a Makita 12v regular battery, that I used the heck out of on and off...
12
12

Best Off the Shelf Cabinets?
What web sites offer medium high quality cabinets and low prices? I have a few applications where I want to compare custom against making due with something off the shelf. For material I want a strong...
34
34

MDF finishing advice
I have tried many things to plug up the raw surface of routed or worked MDF panels. The material is easy to work other than the dust. It is the finishing that drives me nuts, I have used: drywall...
6
6

Drawer issue
Hi, I made 2 pine drawer for my kids bedroom, each one has 3 doors. When I tried to install the slide for the doors, I realize that I do not have space between doors and side of drawer to install the...
31
31

Clear Rubber Strips to Help Shelves Grip to Cabinet Walls?
Does anyone make a clear rubber strip that can be pressed onto the sides of a cabinet shelf to help it get a tighter friction fit to the side of a cabinet? I had a custom cabinet made, and the shelves...
7
7

router table
Many months ago I got lots of helpful advice on this group for building a router table. Thanks guys. So to add to the collection, here's what I ended up doing, what worked for me and what didn't.....
4
4

O/T; World's Largest Solar
World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.
30
30