Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: Sister Mary Ann
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------- In California Unleaded gas went to $4.00 a gallon last Thursday. Sister Mary Ann, who worked for a home health agency, was out making her rounds...
25

I purchased one!
great machine!
41

What is it? Set 363
2090 - Look like soldering tweezers, but the type I've used had a sliding lock on the handles
16
16

OT: Turbo Entabulator (Engineering)
Sheesh. -Zz

Animate TurboCAD
Anyone know how to make animated clips from TurboCAD. The only way I know how to do it is to move the piece of interest and safe the image as a frame. Repeat X-number of frames. I know animation labs...
1
1

O/T: Heads Up - Nahm shirts
For those of you who need to update your collection of Nahm shirts, LLBeam is offering 10% off online orders thru Friday and free shipping. Lew
17
17

Oak Sawdust
I'm working on a biofuels research project at the univ. of Okla. School of Chemical Engineering. We'd like to obtain some oak sawdust to try our process on. We need very fine sawdust, not chips or...
15
15

FWW Interview: Steve Knight, Planemaker
The article which led me to this interview was a review of his kit. Someone here recently mentioned that they thought he outsourced all of his work, but this talks about his CNC machine which he uses...
13
13

OT: Redneck log splitting
Unicorn splitter. There may have been a case where someone had an arm torn off using one of these. log splitting: Join the Phrog as he operates the most dangerous tool ever invented. Join the Phrog as...
11
11

Lee Valley Xmas catalog: something fishy....
'k, I've been toying with the idea of making a seismograph using a plumb bob, a pan of sand, and a wooden structure from which to hang said bob. Cut to page 3: A Veritas P724 PLUMB BOB! A handsome...
5
5

OT: Eagles vs Redskins.
Anybody watching this?
5
5

One Man Saw - Red Green
I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.
24
24

OT: Caterpillar to buy Bucyrus for $7,6B
Not exactly home, but interesting...
3
3

Ryobi Planer - AP 10
I have come across a new in the box planer from 1985 that has never been opened. I am wondering if not having been run all these years could be an issue. Any other info on the planer would be helpful.
28
28

O/T The fix
The Fix There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg , Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it! Dear Mr....
8
8