Subject Author Posted Replies

Veneer
Part 1: For any of you, in the North Carolina area, interested in veneer, here's some veneer in your area: 2: The pics in the link give a clue as how to assemble veneer work, for a varied...
5
5

O/T: Senior Citizen Joke
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------- SENIOR CITIZEN JOKE A little silver-haired lady calls her neighbor and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't...
8
8

New Posts for Old Day Bed
We have an old daybed in the craft room and the frame is constructed of those ugly old white metal tubes that were popular in the 80's. Rickety, rusty, thin, spot welded crap that would rack and creak...

Mysterious staircase
The staircase was built in the Santa Fe church by an unknown carpenter in 1877. Anyone know if it's possible to build a circular staircase without a support ? Smitty
5
5

ROS
This Certified Refurbished product is tested & certified by Ryobi to work like-new but may have scuffs, scrapes and dirt. The product includes all original accessories, and is backed by a 1 Year...
2
2

OT: It is all that snow shoveling we do up here...<G>
Yea... that's it... that's the ticket... :-) Canada has a significantly lower rate of obesity among its population than does the US, a new US government study shows.
4
4

What is it? Set 378
I need some help figuring out two of them this week: What is it?: Set 378
23
23

Minor gloat
--------------------------------------- Firestone was guilty of the same thing before Brigestone bought them out. I was directed by my employer not use Firestone for company vehicle service. This was...
24
24

Metal primer?
Anyone have a recommendation for a really good (clean) metal primer? (wrought iron fence) (I built it in my *woodworking* shop so it's remotely on topic) ;-) Max
38
38

SCMS Technique?
Hello, I have a Makita 10" SCMS that I've used a bit for both rough cutting 2 X 4s, as well as for finer cuts on better grade wood. It's chronologically old, but hasn't had much use and has the...
2
2

Can't drill a straight hole?
'owdy, Back in the 80's I picked up a Craftsman 13" floor-standing drill press. Seemed like a decent unit given the modest price. I've got a little project with curly maple, and find I can't drill a...
44
44

Re: This Old Kitchen - Remodel Part 3 - Actual Cabinet Installation
42
42

Ripping with a track saw (TS75/55 and such)
Has anybody here ripped lumber with a track saw? Narrow stuff? (Would that be the only reason to hang onto my table saw?)
14
14

Removing a Morse Taper Tool - 33 Seconds or Less
Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out there before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had offline with someone in another forum made me think...
9
9

Brazing cast iron
OK so I'm convinced that using JB weld won't hold up so I'll try brazing this cracked plane I have. MAPP gas What tip? Can I just use the same tip I use with propane to sweat copper pipe? What kind of...
35
35