Subject Author Posted Replies

Drawer slides Q thread followup...
In the quest for a low profile undermount slide, I came across both an online distributor and manufacturer of which I wasn't previously aware... I reckon the folks who are still in the actual business...
2
2

Epoxy Question
I assume that I need epoxy. Some friends of my wife are making some crafts that involve gluing pieces of thin metal, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, etc. to wood. Sometimes they laminate several...
48
48

earthquakes
With all the earthquakes around the world lately, include the floods in OZ, quake in NZ, ice and snow storms in the UK and USA, floods everywhere around the world, bushfires in heaps of places. looks...
25
25

Sears Routers....
A few years back I acquired a Sears router with the two mounts plunge and rigid. I would like to be able to mount it in my router table. It sure looks like a Bosch 1617 model and am wondering if Bosch...
10
10

Skew plane
The boss handed me three nice little wooden planes in quite nice condition--dusty and there's some very very light rust on the blades--he had 'em up on ebay for 5 bucks and nobody bit. Two are molding...
3
3

Supplier Tip of the Day...
According to some technical contacts I have, Lowe's and Home Depot both accept the 20% off coupons from Harbor Freight... I think you may have to purchase a product that Harbor Freight also sells, but...
4
4

Transparant 'Wild Berry' stain on cherry. (NOT kidding)
I posted this as a reply to 'Goodies" but: Maybe somebody help me. I'm building another 6' x 6' Kenyan Mahogany panel for a 58" plasma. The client wants the cherry end-caps and shelf edges toned into...
30
30

What is it? Set 379
Yet another set of items has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/03/set-379.htmlRob
29
29

Video Coming Through?
I got a comment from someone on my website that my video page isn't working. I've tested it in Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE various versions and they all work on my machine. Does it work for you? in...
35
35

Dowels
I have a need for several hundred dowels, while googling around I found these guys. Dowels, small squares, loose tenons in English and metric sizes, knobs, buttons, plugs and other assorted small wood...
3
3

O/T: Creative Juices
RE: Subject No doubt most of you have heard of the fish kill at Kings Harbor in Redondo Beach in SoCal. Here is an opportunity to get the creative juices flowing. The following is self explanatory....
32
32

Goodies
I was looking up stuff for another post and came across this place. They have a *wide* range of materials used in wood finishing...not ready made stuff but components.
6
6

Need some new projects?
I'm sure many of you know how time consuming it is to find worthy projects. A lot of the time they don't even come with good instructions. Well if anyone is interested, I recently purchased a product...
3
3

Shrinkage
I've been interested in making a workbench ever since Lew introduced me to that octopus (inside joke). It was revealed to me in my reading (here and elsewhere) that if I tote home some SYP from Home...
7
7

Sharpening in Indy?
Hi - Any recommendations for saw, jointer, planer blade sharpening in the Indy area? Thanks in advance, Les
4
4