Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Loving wife
A very old man lay dying in his bed. In death's doorway, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookie wafting up the stairs. He gathered his remaining strength and lifted...

question about banding
I'm getting ready for this entertainment center I've been planning. 3/4" maple veneer plywood that I bought 1/4" thinck banding for. I was planning to set this onto an existing sideboard, at least for...
11
11

What is it? Set 383
I need help with a couple of the items this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/04/set-383.htmlRob
37
37

Where to send jointer knives to be sharpened? Any places take cutterhead and all?
I've got a combo table saw and jointer like this one: circa. 1945/46 have dismantled the jointer to give it a deep cleaning, wire wheeling, de-rusting, and whatever else I can find to do. I located...
7
7

O/T: SawStop
Just received notice from Cerritos College that because of California state budget cuts, all summer WMT (Wood Manufacturing Technology) courses have been canceled; however, money has been found to...
51
51

Southwest finds cracks in more planes
I was taken aback when I first read the title. Then I realized they were talking about airplanes...
11
11

Free Books
For those who are not aware of Google's free eBooks, let me recommend them for furniture styles and hand tool woodworking. Hundreds of titles from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Search: furniture...
53
53

For the craftsman who has everything ...
Item number 380305121163 on e-Bay and FREE Shipping! LV, eat your heart out! {:o)
7
7

Husqvarna part improvement
Picked up a replacement part for a 235 E chainsaw, original part was a thumb wheel to adjust chain tension. It was a single piece molded out soft plastic, the replacement is a two piece with the gear...
2
2

Good shopping experience: McFeeley's
Ordered a bunch of stuff late tuesday night, received the order confirmation email wednesday morning, the package was sitting on my doorstep on thursday afternoon, and received the shipment...
3
3

Security lights, revisited
A while back I posted asking for recommendations for security lights. I did that because the reflectors on my Heath-Zenith lights were badly rusted and I was thinking of replacing the lights rather...
16
16

OT-Kinda: Ordering Parts and Shipping Cost
I cannot figure out how some companies determine how deliveries are managed. I just received a switch for our Nordictrac treadmill about 20 minutes ago. Low-end switch with a $3 price tag plus $7...
26
26

Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring
I just happen to have this 32" torsion spring with a 2" i.d. left over from an obvious home repair. I placed it in the garbage, at first, but I retrieved it--in case it may be valuable! ; ) Seriously,...
76
76

Need brown stain/sealer/pesticide
I can't find any Jasco Termin-8 to paint the cut ends of pressure treated lumber any more. Evidently Homax bought Jasco and sold Termin-8 to Black Flag and they stopped making brown, now making only...
21
21

Shellac - blocked
I pulled out a package of shellac that I bought some time ago (at least 2 years). Some of the shellac flakes have formed a block. I tried crushing it with my hand and some of it broke off. I recently...
5
5