Subject Author Posted Replies

auction sale Oct. 5
This would be a fun auction sale - wish it was a little closer .. I love the look of the old work bench. John T. http://www.jackmorrisauctions.com/oct5pics.html
1

Source Needed: Vinyl Covers For Wooden Window Sills
I'm looking for vinyl covers for wooden window trim, especially the sills. I found a product on youtube and contacted the guy, but he said that he is retiring and doesn't have enough stock for my...
15
15

Finishers' Q?
Time for base and casing to go back...Dad had taken down from dining room and had early 1980s wainscot paneling and the matching baseboard that will be going back to the original 10" baseboard and 5"...
2
2

OT: Can I Use A Contour Gauge for Shaping Bondo?
I won't be trying this until the weekend, so I figured I'd ask and maybe get some other suggestions. I also don't have a contour gauge (yet) so I haven't had a chance to test this... Part of my house...
4
4

SkilSaw
What is a brand new 1978 SkilSaw 574C worth today? It was used ONCE ain 1979 or 1980 in original box - made in Canada - not China or Mexico or wherever. 10 amp 7 1/4 inch with standard (not carbide)...
2
2

Floor trap door hardware???
Have new hardwood floor going in...access to crawl space in closet is thru a opening in the floor as was impractical to build in other entry and there's very little likelihood of this area needing...
28
28

Storage
Glad Large size boxes hold 5 lbs of screws, if you need something a little tougher (or water proof) than the cardboard box they came in. They're cheap at Menards, less than $3 for 3. Other sizes of...
12
12

OT: Best way to remove "silicone window sealant" from latex paint?
I applied some fresh silicone sealant on on my exterior window frame (which resides in a door) today, and a bit fell onto my new latex paint job. I immediately wiped it off (2 places), but it left...
7
7

Unusual table
A lot of wonderful antique furniture at the auction below, but its the table, whose photo is at the 2nd link, that motivated me to make this point. Anyone know what it is? If you see anything you...
7
7

Pergola Build - Freestanding i.e. No Post Holes
I'm considering a building a small Pergola, with the 4 posts standing 4' deep by 6' wide, with 6' x 8' rafters. I'm not sure about the exact dimensions yet, but that's close. Overall height will be...
4
4

Downsizing
I don't have as much shop space any more, as my shop now has to share duties with a garage. So between a bandsaw, jointer, planer, RAS, table saw, and circular saw, what tools can be combined to cover...
73
73

Progress Report - Phase Converter, Plus
Before having the converter positioned and wired, I had to remove a wood ra ck and its lumber. Got the converter "cabinet" built, electrician wired it Tuesday, and I installed some filters .... 3...
8
8

Rapid Dry Deep(ish) Stain
I am sure I'll catch all kinds of heck for this idea, but here it is. Brush on stain and leave modestly wet over night. Mostly, but not completely dry to the touch the next morning. Then wipe down...
2
2

Actual Woodworking Again
About 3 months ago I posted some pictures of a plan to overhaul our master closet. Builder grade has single shelves and hanger rods totaling about 28 feet long. Unfortunately the shelves and rods...
22
22

Is it the saw, the blade or me?
Greetings Been having trouble with circular saws. I have a Skill 5150, which works well "for some values". Specifically, the saw blade will bind and start to spin. Not good. Got a replacement 5155 at...
13
13