Subject Author Posted Replies

Stackable woodworking clamps
Has anyone here used any of the stackable panel clamps available? I found these and was wondering if they are a good clamp or are bad quality? -------------------------------------
10

Cabinet Touch Sensitive Light Switch Activating Itself?
About five years ago I built a curio cabinet for my wife with two internal halogen puck lamps. The lamps are controlled by a small, round, dome shaped touch switch on the back of the cabinet. The...
5
5

What are the best kitchen counter materials
Note the plural. For someon who is into wooddorking and cooking, I am somewhat ashame to say that I have a 30-year old completely inefficient kitchen that is now falling apart. I am designing a new...
74
74

OT - Liberation Day
Labeled OT ... For the Kanukistani here. Thanks again! Today it's 66 years that the Germans occupying Holland surrendered to Canadian Lieutenant-General Foulkes in my home town of Wageningen. And it...
11
11

What is it? Set 387
This week's set has been posted:
10
10

Red Oak T&G Flooring Repair Question.
I'm doing a flooring job at my parents' house over time. Stains went away with oxalic acid and bleach and I've replaced most of the offending strips. The material isn't cheap and it all needs...
17
17

OT: Civil War
If you want to read what other woodworkers have to say about the American Civil War, I just ran across a recent thread here. has been spattered in the direction of virtually every American this...
20
20

Raised Panel Curved Cabinet Doors
I'd like to steam bend some solid cherry panels, approximately 23"H X 30"W, the bend/arc to be perpendicular to the grain and the complete curve to be 90 degrees.... for making 2 curved cabinet doors...
13
13

Accelerate tung oil curing?
How can I help it along? Put piece out in direct sunlight? Have a small fan blowing air on the piece? Something else?
5
5

Some very intriguing stuff here.
There are things for woodworking, things for other applications and plenty of things to make you think. Regards, Edward Hennessey An all-in-one cnc machine and woodcarving software to bring your...
13
13

O.T. - Bookshelves for the evil
Saw a picture of OBL (now deceased). Behind him were these bookshelves. I must say, his chief woodworker was no mastermind. Picture here: joints, nailed! (no dovetails), no backs, simple boxes, heavy...
17
17

Drywall Screws nasty greasy drywall screws... any reason not to use the gold ones?
As a pro remodeling contractor I go through a fair amount of drywall screws. Mostly 1.25" black course thread. These screws used to be fairly "dry" but for about the past five years or so I have had a...
15
15

Finish for walnut block
Just a block of walnut with holes drilled in it to hold some desk stuff. Would like recommendations for an easy to do finish that has a good shine to it. I used to use Rockler's Wunder coat, I think...
10
10

Update: Router Pantograph
Someone was looking to route 4" letters a month or so ago. If you're still interested, Lee Valley Tools is now selling a router pantograph. 49.50 ca Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee...
3
3

drawer slides
Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer sli= des? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of = the face frame to the back of the carcass being...
13
13