Subject Author Posted Replies

Thanks
To all who served.

Ping Jim in NC
Hey Jim, you still around? Haven't seen you in a while. I'm aware you have some big iron. There's a nice looking Northfield 16HD Jointer, Lot 9, 50 miles from you. Thought you might be interested....

Dovetail clamps
Has anyone tried these? They look like they would be very useful for a lot of applications, but $40 for a pair of clamps feels a little pricey. DESCRIPTION
14
14

Craftsman 12" radial arm saw (2023 Update)
I was able to acquire a Craftsman 113.63494 240v saw. I want to rewire to 120v but I cant seem to find a manual let alone a wiring diagram. Can anyone help me?
5
5

Question for the Group Administrator
I manage several Free Yahoo groups. Yahoo is discontinuing support. I am lo oking for a way to replace the yahoo groups. I would like to learn how this group was set up, managed, etc. Realize this is...
9
9

Laundry platform
The boss has asked me to build a riser for the front-loading washer and dry er. Easy. But how do I get the machines up on the platform? There? ?s gotta be a trick that one of you guys can share.
64
64

Favorite Method For Filling Nail Holes On Trim?
I replaced the baseboard trim, window and door casing, etc. in my living room. Pine, painted before installing. Now I need to fill the nail holes. Lots of options...painter's putty, window glaze,...
5
5

Cost of roof
Not a woodworking question per se. But a question on the cost of installin g a roof on a house. So at least its carpentry focused. I am in the proce ss of getting annual quotes on house insurance....
14
14

Lee Valley website
Man I don't like the new website design at all. Too used to the old one I guess... Get off my lawn.
3
3

The Next Day, SWMBO Swept Up His Fingertips
I ran into a former co-worker today. As I reached out to shake his hand, he offered me his left hand to shake and held up his right. That's when I saw the bandages on 4 of the fingers on his right...
9
9

Router fall
I have a PC 690 attached to a Rockler lift on my shop-made router table. T oday, routing 1/8 deep grove using 1/4 uncut bit in hard maple. First of 3 cuts to get to my desired 3/8 depth. Router...
5
5

Slider sticking
When I slide the saw motor by pulling back or sliding in on its top rail, it has a couple of rough spots. Just bought it and was wondering since it is 40 years old if it just needs a lot of...
1
1

Makita Track Saw: Tail or no tail?
My first inclination is, except for a drill driver, to use corded tools bec ause I like having good power all the time. But maybe for this tool I shoul d re-think that. I'm going to use it for now to...
12
12

Fast, Inexpensive, Strong Drawers
This might be metalworking or wood working. I'm seriously thinking about removing the work benches from along the back wall in my shop and replacing them with a single continuous monolithic steel...
59
59

source for used lathe
I've been looking for a (reasonably priced) used lathe for several years no w. When one shows up on Craigslist it's usually overpriced for its current state (no motor, bad bearings...). I don't have...
14
14