Subject Author Posted Replies

stemware rack
Wow,Fantastic article,it's so helpful to me,and your blog is very good,I've learned a lot from your blog here,Keep on going,my friend,I will keep an eye on it,One more thing,thanks for your post!...

OT: How we Canadians know you're an American.
Nothing heavy, kinda fun... and HAPPY CANADA DAY YOU HOSERS!!!!!
21
21

OT: More jobs gone
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Campbell Soup Co will shed nearly 800 jobs as part of a series of cost cuts, which include exiting the Russian market, automating operations at a factory in Australia and closing...
15
15

wood screws
Looking for recommendations for general purpose wood screws. i mostly work with red oak varying from 1 1/8" and thinner. I just want a decent american made screw i can take in and out (if need be)...
76
76

O/T: About Beer
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------- Beer contains female hormones Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence...
1
1

My work experiences - in a nutshell
1968 My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned. Couldn't concentrate. 1970. Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe....

Steaming!
OK, I have a project in mind and its going to involve steam bending some timber. What I need is cheap ideas for building a small unit that I can steam stuff in! I already plan on using a wallpaper...
18
18

Milenko Kindl about woodworking
Woodworking is the process of building, making or carving something using wood. Along with stone, mud, and animal parts, wood was one of the first materials worked by early humans. Microwear analysis...
1
1

Desk Drawer tolerances
I'm thinking of building a desk out of oak, and was wondering what kind of clearance around the drawer I need. The opening measures 5"x12 3/4". Puckdropper
14
14

Splitters in Delta Unisaws
I am considering a Delta Unisaw (36-816), made in 1999. I know it has a "splitter" whereas new models have a "riving knife", to avoid kickback. I read somewhere that "some Delta Unisaws has splitter's...
16
16

Cherry Bookcase
Finished my cherry bookcase. 1.5 months of work (took longer than anticipated). Comments critiques welcomed. Photos: (Part 6 of build): Woodworking tips, projects and forum. A great collection of...
31
31

Article: iPad for Carpenters
So, Swingy, got one yet? I know, it's not Festool green, but... "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey
3
3

Re: Affordable and powerful CAD.
Good find! I'm starting to like CorelCAD but 700 smackeroons is a lot for a simple convenience. I have all the horsepower I need in Vectorworks, plus it is like falling off a log in terms of ease of...
3
3

Ping - Bill, in Indiana
Bill, are you in Indianapolis? If so, can I ask for a possible favor? Re: would ask of you to go check out these Wilton/Columbian vises and get 2 for me, to be mailed to me. Seems this seller has...
9
9

OT: Light bulbs
Several flourescents in the shop have been balky about starting of late, so I went down to Home Despot for some replacements. They have a whole big display of Phillips Alto bulbs. The 40 watt cool...
17
17