Subject Author Posted Replies

3D Printing
Fake, or something useful...
22

O/T: Blond Painter
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------- This blond decides one day that she is sick and tired of all these blonde jokes and how all blondes are perceived as stupid. She decides to show her...
4
4

Star Trek Replicator is a reality
"Printing" Some moths ago a Iread an article about researchers who modified an ink jet printer so to "print" artificial bone parts for our soldiers. This takes it further. "Zz Yzx" rhymes with...
1
1

More traffic from Oz, UK?
Am I imagining it or is there more participation from UK and Oz these days? I like it, because they talk funny. (And mention products we can't get here..and prices in "P's") And the expression "The...
108
108

Attn: Han, Leon, Josepi, John
I missed this original thread from about four months ago - it's not that I can't keep up with the conversation ;) . I laughed when I saw the picture. When I haven't been tripping over it, I've been...
1
1

Formula for wood breaking point
I wouldn't, suppose a bigger kid gets on it. Suppose she slips and falls down to the next step and dowel breaks with a sharp pointy end sticking out. At the very least run a support through the center...
14
14

waiter style corkscrew with wooden handle
Last week I was in a store that sold overpriced crafts. They displayed wooden pens and the typical turned items, but they also had a waiter style corkscrew - hinged screw and hinged lever to help...
8
8

Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?
Awl -- I'm looking to make a 4 ft x 6 ft base for some apparatus, out of 1/2" plywood, for outdoor use. It works well indoors, but I'm wondering if I can make it *truly* waterproof for outdoor use,...
41
41

What is it? Set 396
This week's set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
24
24

Re: Rockwell Band Saw
Didn't think where this was posted when saw it--resubmitted to rec.woodworking which is more apropos to any specifics any others there can think of... --
1
1

Hand tool woodworkers?
Are there any hand-tool-only or mostly hand tool woodworkers out there? I = love the idea of a woodworking group, but since I only use hand tools, lots= of these topics aren't really of much interest...
13
13

Messing with 2by4s...
I just added to my web site a sketch of the jig I just designed to temporarily hold a 9' 2by4 at ceiling level. I will also use it to hold up 4 foot fluorescent light fixtures while I install them...
13
13

L-I battery question
I have a Makita L-I drill/driver set. Very pleased with the power of both -- except for the relatively short charge life. Any reason not to charge to full before depletion? Would this shorten battery...
5
5

Great Expectations - Big Disappointment
Hello, I recently purchased a Milwaukee 2691-22 18V Compact Drill Driver / Impact Driver kit. The purchase was mostly for the impact driver for an ongoing deck project. After receiving it last week, I...
11
11

Sealing the lids on paint tins
Smile. Get to know the staff. And ask nicely in a Johnstone's decorator centre. And they might give you a special paint tin opener. That's what I did. Unfortunately not one of the nice Johnstone's...
115
115