Subject Author Posted Replies

Cost effective use of decking
If it'll work with the joists use 8' boards, 2x8' + 1x4' == 20'. Stagger the 4' onto the next rows, literally no waste. Maybe? :-)
3
3

OT: Fibonacci Numbers Video
When working to get proportions on things, I usually try Fibonacci numbers first. Here's a nice short video showing some of where we run into them in nature.
23
23

Shop Hazard
In recent months, I've had to deal with a new shop hazard. It's about the size of a carbide tooth and just as shiny. Rather than sending a small piece of wood flying, though, it sends itself. A table...
40
40

A Marriage of Convenience
Two kitchen cabinets of different backgrounds and styles, rejected from two previous construction projects for various reasons, and years apart in age, have now been joined and start a new life...
14
14

Caddy's
Since I have been here and asked some question in the past few weeks, I thought I'd post some pics of what I have been working on at the ABPW group.
2
2

Pattern, and some help
I just put up a pic of a pattern on what I'm working on at ABPW. If you don't mind taking a look, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: Bending 3mm metal puzzle
One dolly + one rubber hammer, it is fixed. george
4
4

OT: To my Mac using friends: BEWARE of OSX10.7 LION.
I am not an Apple Novice so: That piece of software is lethal. Be VERY careful when you decide to install it. It wipes out all software which was supported by Snow Leopard, stuff like Photoshop CS4,...
25
25

Robot That Flies Like A Bird
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 00:42:32 -0600, Dave Balderstone Argh, you're being too practical and missing the whole point. It's not that it's inefficient or has a high MTBF, it's that man has always tried to...
26
26

OT: Spell properly
Another Net-Nanny is always welcome! Please feel free to correct everything that irritates you! All the time! Everywhere!
46
46

Need to dry small pieces of tree
The thinner it is the quicker it will dry. How about making something that is veneered with the ash? Art
10
10

Out of what kind of wood is the world's most useless machine made ?
9
9

One step forward, two back
Don't you just hate re-dos? I'm milling up some lumber and get to the point of assembly and find that I hadn't been paying attention to the thickness of the pieces. Too thin! I keep joining them to...
6
6

Impact drivers and bits
I've used some "junk" bits that I've since disposed of but I still have some Hitachi, some DeWalt, some Bosch and a few Makita bits from bit sets I bought just to get a supply of Makita Phillips bits....
20
20

OT - Google Plus for grins ...
Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may be remotely interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like minded individuals, or just to see how this latest addition to...
14
14