Subject Author Posted Replies

A new bed project completed
As many of you may remember, the bedroom tower/bed project that I was building last year was eventually completed. :!) I just completed a similar queen sized bed with under bed storage for my son. He...
39
39

New hardwood floor questions
I am re-doing a second floor apartment that a tenant just moved out of. Unfortunately, the previous tenant had cats and there are cat urine stains everywhere on the existing old hardwood floors. There...
8
8

simple, cheap lumber rack
OK.. been toiling with this for years. The other day, in Lowes, I spot 12" x 14" L-bracket shelf supports rated at 100 lbs. So I figure 4 of those mounted to a 2x4, mounted to my shop wall studs and...
55
55

Sealer that won't swell wood?
I have yet another dumb question. I had a sticky door. I planed it down a little. Success! I happened to be using some poly on another project and decided it would be convenient to seal the planed...
8
8

What is it? Set 405
I could use some assistance with the last item in this set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
26
26

Replacing Countertop Stove
I do volunteer work for some of our local seniors and the project I've been asked to undertake this Friday is to install a new countertop stove (4 burner electric jobbie). The new one is a gift to the...
11
11

New shop, electrical question
Doug Typo on the "Not be exposed". Should read "wiring will not be exposed". I will have to reread the paragraph you mention. On a big electrical job I kept up with 2 years ago this was an inspection...
49
49

Return of the Stanley 271?
While searching, came across this: purchase link unfortunately... For over a century, STANLEY® has built a legacy by producing some of the most well known hand tools and storage products in the...
10
10

Moneygram: fraud!
Never ever send any money or accept any payment through Moneygram: this company is a FRAUD!
8
8

Texas Fires
Hey, you guys in Texas, Leon, Swingman, I'm hearing about huge wildfires down your way. You two and others in danger in your area?
11
11

24" Grizzly Planer
Someone near Mechanicsburg, PA needs to go check this out and/or bid on it. 5 Days remaining. Starting bid is $150. No one has bid, yet....
9
9

O/T: Endorsement
See ABPW for details. Lew
1
1

high school projects?
Hi, I am looking for new and creative ideas to do with a grade 11 and 12 manufacturing class. We have a budget so pine seems to be the only wood we can afford. I would appreciate any suggestions to...
20
20

OT: Dogs
7
7

magnetic switch
The magnetic switch on my Jet 3 HP cabinet saw shuts off randomly while the saw is in use. The inside of the switch is nearly spotless so it isn't a dust built up problem... I posted some photos in...
15
15