Subject Author Posted Replies

The kitchen
Soo the counter tops went in about 2 weeks ago along with an new workstation sink and faucets. Tomorrow the back splash is supposed to go in. What I have been doing is varnishing the door and drawer...
14
14

Reducing dowel size hack
never occurred to me to try something like this. Looks really workable. 1.8M views, 14K likes, 18 comments, 175 shares, Facebook Reels from TIP Centric: Joinery Tip #diy #tips #DIYTips #joinery #fyp...
7
7

Was Duclert Macron's man ?
Google Translate Many people in France wonder about what has become of the archives concerning the Rwandan genocide of 1994. The exaggerated caution of President Macron, to continue the study of the...

Axiom Stratus Air Filtration
Does anyone have any experience with the Axiom Stratus Pro air filtration system? It sits on the floor rather than being ceiling mounted, and as the description states, the dust from woodworking...
2
2

Modifying plantation shutters
I was gifted several hunter douglas plantation shutters for my patio doors. I have several door walls. The plantation shutters given to me are for a home that has 10 ft ceilings. I have 8 ft ceilings...
3
3

PinStripes
Well we cut up almost $500 worth of walnut yesterday and have another $1000. to go. The thin rip jig worked perfectly and so far I have cut up about 150 linear feet of 1/8' x 3/16" white oak to fill...
4
4

Thin Strips
1/8" thin strips that are about 1/4 thick/tall. There is what I am going to use for the rail and stiles of the door and drawer fronts for our kitchen redo. linear feet of 1x8 s4s walnut with 2, 1/8"...
11
11

What happened to this tree?
Could a woodpecker have done all this? The holes are on the backside of the trunk also. The tree is hollow and the top of trunk leans towards the road. I drive under it every day...I will drive under...
10
10

Off Topic
Is anyone on this site getting here using a Macbook? If so how do you get here? Thanks, I enjoy the site and have lerneed a lot but have givenup on Windows.
7
7

Kitchen Progress
So a few weeks ago, in February, I mentioned and posted pictures of the progress of the kitchen. We are moving right along and I'm ready to be finished. But we still have to paint the old cabinets...
30
30

New Rotex Sander
I mentioned a few weeks ago the new to come Festool track saw with a scoring blade. So Festool will soon have a new Rotex Sander for tight quarters. I was able to take a picture of the sand paper that...
5
5

OT - OMG Has Anyone Bought Wire Lately?
As I prep my kitchen for a new counter top, one of the tasks is to raise six receptacle/switch boxes up about 2". Of course, there's not enough wire in the boxes. Plus I need to bring one of the...
9
9

Mortice Sled for Router Table
Easy to make sled for cutting mortices on a router table. Works with any table that has a router lift. Raise the bit while sliding sled back and forth. Stops limit the travel of sled to control length...
1
1

sources for "old school" tools
The other day I got an auction site in my social media feed. Lots of old tools. "Ook, ook, me want!" But these are being sold as collectibles and for "collectors", which is cool and groovey, but ......
43
43

Dominos - Is There Side-To-Side Slop Like With Biscuits?
I don't know if any of you are familiar with the "Insider Carpentry" channel on YouTube. Spencer Lewis does carpentry for high end homes and offers tips on how to be efficient in an effort to make the...