Subject Author Posted Replies

Installation begins ...
Due to being built in a shop too small to pre-assemble for a proper test fit, this is the first time all eleven components of this 14' long piece actually met to shake hands ... a glove maker would...
26
26

Ridgid Vacuum
I purchased the Ridgid WD1450 "professional" wet/dry vac I was asking about last week. The quotes around "professional" are mine, as the ratings Ridgid provided were obviously designed for the...
28
28

What is it? Set 409
Back to the usual schedule this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
22
22

Rest iN peace, Mr. Jobs
A giant. Age 56. We'll miss him.
199
199

3d printers and woodworking
I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a 3d printer, and I was just wondering if any other woodworkers had used one? I'm thinking it would compliment the woodshop in that would allow me to easily...
14
14

Basic wood turning questions
As I start to get back into turning, I find that I have more basic questions than I can find answers for. Bought a few books but frankly, they just describe the parts of the lathe and what the basic...
9
9

Resawing Guide from Highland / downloadable pdf
I haven't gotten my technique for resawing as refined as I would like (in other words, I'm not very good at it). For anyone in the same boat, Highland has a free pdf online that has some refined tips.
1
1

Laguna Resaw Master
This may be worth someone's attention. Don't know if the 3 phase motor can be readily changed to single phase, if need be. Looks to be well equipted with all the accessories necessary. the above link...

How about a wooden bathtub?
Pic http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/epic-win-photos-wood-bath-win.jpg

Need help with Jet planer/molder
I purchased a 13 inch Jet planer/molder. After initial setup I was able to easily thickness plane lumber. The results were excellent. I think they may be too smooth - will need to sand a bit to get...
2
2

Turning tool question
Last time I tried to use a lathe was over 40 years ago. Decided to get back into it so I bought a little mini lathe from Rockler . I still had the tools from years ago. My puzzlement - as a woodworker...
7
7

re: dominotrick
It's called a reuleuax triangle. Look it up it's actually really cool. It a triangle that is offset on a shaft.
1
1

Dominotricks
http://www.wimp.com/squareholes/
9
9

Lining clamp pads - what to use?
I just bought a couple (more) Jorgensen bar clamps, the type that have soft orange pads on the jaws. But I have just stumbled on a fairly large number of complaints that the pads release a chemical...
33
33

OT: Basement Ceiling Insulation
We have a one-story house with a full basement. The main floor is built on 2x10 floor joists withthree-quarter plywood sub-flooring. The basement "ceiling" is simply the underside of the main flooring...
17
17