Subject Author Posted Replies

Beginner
I have made a lot of mitered picture frames and other type work so have no problem in accuracy from that point of view. I would like to make a small cabinet with a drawer at the top and a door below....
5
5

Somebody remind me
Of the technique for boring equally-spaced holes in boards that will be the sides of a bookshelf, for the little posts that hold up the shelves. I'll be using a drill press. Thanks.
17
17

Router planing sled with a mortising bit?
I am putting together a router sled to plane down an end grain cutting board this weekend as the belt sander is not really doing what I want and taking a loooong time. Anyway, I know what I'm going to...
6
6

What is it? Set 417
Just posted my set for this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
20
20

Power cord clips
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist? A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for...
20
20

PING: Mike Marlow - Extreme Makeover
they missed! https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/ChezPouletGentle?authkey=Gv1sRgCKnyycz194WjPg#5680905070630320898What
3
3

Table Saw Safety & The CPSC
I guess I don't call that "pumping the brakes," but just letting off the brakes if they lock up. I still have a friend who refuses to accept that his late model car with ABS will stop faster in snow...
36
36

Cutting Panels Large For A Small Table Saw
Hi, I need to cut some 20" x 17" plywood panels on a small table saw whose fence only goes to 12". In the past I rough cut them then trimmed with a router. That was messy - I don't have a sawdust...
9
9

Delta parts?
Well, the Delta moving management has hit me. Somehow or another I bent the shaft on my Delta miter saw. I need to replace the jackshaft assembly. I ordered one from Tool Parts Direct. I have used...
2
2

A Good Trick of the Trade
For those who haven't converted to the 32 mm shelf hole system or those who just prefer using the traditional 5/8"wide by 3/16" deep metal shelf standards, I suggest a time and labor saving technique....

Jet JWL-1236 Lathe
Hi Group, I just purchased a Jet JWL-1236 lathe and if someone out there has one of these lathes I have a question. Can someome tell me what each indexing stop represents in inches? I have the...

Belt sander belts keep breaking
I just bought a belt sander last night and 5 36 grit belts to take down the= surface of an end grain cutting board I made. The problem is I went throu= gh 2 belts in less then an hour. The just tore,...
16
16

O/T: Hey Canucks
Let's hear it for Joe and Angelo. Time flies when you are having fun. Lew
3
3

Uses for MDF?
I have read various posts about what MDF is not good for. So, what IS it good for? Why is it made? Who uses it? Jigs? Sleds? Boxes? Shelves? Cupboards? Cupboard doors? Same thing re finishes for MDF....
14
14

Shop wiring
Finishing up my 'woodshop' area within my larger shop. Size is about 12'x3= 6'. =20 Will be moving in the following equipment: Table saw, Radial arm saw, 8" jointer, 5HP Planer moulder, chop saw with...
7
7