Subject Author Posted Replies

Band Saw Blade Length
I figure someone would ask that. :-) The presenter said something to the effect of "with a reasonable amount of pressure, like pushing with your finger until the tip turns white." I'm familiar with...
24
24

Moisture Meter
I noticed a few suggestions to get a moisture meter for someone's project, and have been thinking about it myself. I've got rough cut lumber milled from a tree, and I've got no idea what the moisture...
3
3

Float or glue plywood panels?
I am making cabinet doors with 1/4" Birch plywood panels grooved into a Poplar frame. I was wondering whether I still need to keep the panel floating if it is plywood since plywood is relatively...
11
11

Arched casement windows - experience, hardware?
I may be tasked with building several arched, casement windows for a home renovation project and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. I'm also wondering about hardware. A quick...

Time Needed Acclimate Oak Trim
I purchased some 1-by and 5/4-by oak today for some window trim (Craftsman-style) that I plan to do starting next week. Is 7 days enough time to acclimate it to minimize shrinkage? I live in the Phila...
7
7

Aircraft carrier jointer for auction
http://www.westauction.com/auction/648/item/34020regards,charlie
2
2

How about a Square Taper Adapter?
See the threaded adapter in the following photo: can make those here... But I need an example or the specs on the square taper size, length, etc. Any known sources for such info? Regards, Joe Agro,...
5
5

Out of my area of expertise - Drill Bits...
Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively? 'm sending a team of folks overseas with and they have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill. No...
14
14

Table project - defensive weapon
Pic a vertical chessboard http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/epic-win-photos-multi-purpose-win.jpgOr http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/epic-win-photos-multi-purpose-win.jpgOr,...

O/T: Vista
Have a friend with a Toshiba laptop running Vista. Want to change screen resolution. Open Control Panel. Can't find Display icon. Where do I go from here? Lew
62
62

TS kickback question
1. There will be no cut-off piece to bind between the blade and fence. 2. The piece is being held (presumable) against the sled fence.
29
29

Source for bandsaw blades in Canada?
I tried a local "weld to length" shop here in Saskatoon... 50% of the welds broke before I uncoiled the blade and the other 50% are nowhere near the size I specified. I don't want to pay shipping,...
20
20

Bostitch 18 gauge brad nailer
Yeah 1855. I heard the same thing, it requires an allen wrench job to unjam but never has jammed.
7
7

Woodsmith Magazine
Hi Group, I recently purchased a Porter-Cable 4212 dovetail jig. I was watching a video on it's use and setup made by the guys at Woodsmith and they had built a storage cabinet/mounting jig for it....
3
3

What is it? Set 419
The answers for this set will be posted on Friday as usual but I'm not sure if I'll be able to post any replies between now and then.
25
25