Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Leon
Know anyone interested in salvaging basketball court flooring? Here's an opportunity to get some flooring, located in Humble. Sonny GovDeals is the place to bid on government surplus and unclaimed...
1
1

OT, with some Woodwork
We've had 2 frosts this year, no freezes. This warmth allows insects to fl ourish. The clover likes cooler weather to grow hearty and the bugs are o ut eating the clover. This presents a problem with...
1
1

Palet wood, comes in three sorts
I've been taking advantage of the Wuhan Virus shutdown, by cleaning up the yard and stuff, today was break down the pile of pallets. Again I realized that pallets come in three kinds of wood. - Hard...
15
15

Wood Species
What species do you think this is? White Oak? Maple? IMG_2119 | Damon Hawk | Flickr IMG_2119 | Damon Hawk | Flickr
18
18

Update on Chestnut Trees
5 tress are sprouting leaves. 3 other trees look like they are alive, but no sprouting leaves, yet. Couldn't find 2 other trees... cows probably trampled them. What is it? State surplus auction has a...
15
15

finish for a shelf back of the sink?
Greetings Planning some "hunnydews" - one is to put a shelf behind the sink, over the backslash, for holding scrubbies, dish soap and the like. Wife is concerned about wood getting all "funky" (not...
7
7

Table Leg Repair part Deux
I had a chance to look at the table leg and it was a clean break. I slid the leg back into the base, fit right in and it looked great. It even held in place. Therefore, my question is what anyone...
22
22

Carved Wooden Threads
Working on half the nut, carving the threads is not easy, nor very successf ul, yet. It took me 30 minutes to carve the one thread. This was too slow of going. First pic shows a pointed drill bit I...
7
7

Clamps Heads Up
I just got an e-mail From Woodpeckers. They have a very good deal on Bora parallel clamps. They resemble Bessey k-body clamps. They are offering a 4 pack of 50" clamps for $119.99 If you need...
2
2

Box joints for hanging cabinet
I had planned on using box joints to build the frame of a hanging cabinet ( top, bottom, sides). However, I'm starting to wonder about the weight beari ng ability of the bottom frame member. The...
32
32

Wood Protection
Oak desk. Center drawer bottom is unprotected and dried out. I Howard's Feed and Wax (carnuba wax, bee's wax and orange oil) appropriate to rejuvenate ? Suggestions please.
5
5

Wheel Barrow Handles
Some time ago I mentioned having broken wheel barrow handles on two barrows. Finally got around to making new handles, coated with (thinned w/turpentine) BLO. Should be dry enough in a week or two to...
10
10

Table leg repair
How would you approach this repair? broken table leg | Damon Hawk | Flickr
23
23

Wide shelving advice needed
Tearing out sagging shelves in a 10ft. by 6ft. pantry. Would jike to put 18" deep shelves on the back wall. These would not be "cabinet" quality construction. So, rip 18" wide plywood? Particle board?...
33
33

Protect Metal Surfaces
My woodworking tools get rust. My tables gets rust. What is the best protective stuff to apply to the table saw, bandsaw table etc.
24
24