Subject Author Posted Replies

Cart is done
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic birch ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with...
9
9

Ultimate sawhorse
The big blue box store is practically giving away the Jawhorse miter saw attachment for around $20. I bought one even though I don't have a Jawhorse because it came with some rollers that clamp to 2by...
27
27

Learning about my Dust Collector
Well, I did get the Jet 1100 Vortex and I like it. Much quieter than the old shop vac and doesn't use any more footprint than the SV and the Dust Deputy together. Collection bag holds plenty and is...
11
11

Fangda tools and Leigh jig
Anyone have any experience with router bits from Fangda tools in China? There is a set of 16 bits on eBay for $56. Said to conform to requirements for Leigh jig (for which I also am shopping). I know,...
4
4

Urns
An acquaintance asked me to see what I could do with a couple of wooden (turned) urns that his wife had used as vases. The urns have been turn "down the log" so I will be dealing with end grain. The...
6
6

how strong are pin shelf supports?
Making a garage cabinet for a friend, going to be used mainly for household supplies, etc. The shelves are 30" wide by 23" deep. I have only used the metal Knap & Vogt -type standards and clips for...
7
7

Need help setting up Jet 13 inch planer/molder for molding
I am having difficulties with setting up to create moldings. My conversations with Jet tech support seem to be falling on deaf ears. They don't think they have a problem. I think there are depth...
18
18

hot hide glue veneering
It's never too late to learn something new. I needed a plywood back for the hammered dulcimer I'm building. I could have gone out and got some walnut/cherry/etc. plywood, but I had some Baltic birch...
11
11

OT: Jet Fuel and Cajuns - for Swing
Boudreaux and Trosclair were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as aircraft mechanics at de Bayou Teche, Louisiana, International Airport. One day the airport was fogged in and they were stuck in...
2
2

Happy New Year!
To one and all... Happy New Year!! May you all find the very best of wood in 2012! ;) `Casper
1
1

Storage
I am putting together my shop. It's all a jumble right now, so the first thing I figure I have to do is organize all the scrap pieces. I have a 40' container. What kinds of storage techniques do you...
11
11

Circle Support
I'm trying to support a couple loops of track with a circle under the track. These loops are used temporarily for testing, and stored up against the wall. The circles would be approximately 18" radius...
10
10

Closet organizers
My son-in-law has asked me to make one of those closet organizers with drawers and shelves etc. I have seen these things in Home Depot and probably Lowes too. Has anyone made anything like this some...
12
12

Just Testing
Hmmm. No comments all night. Guess everybody is resting up for the big party tonight. Go to it people!
4
4

need to deepen a mortise
I have had to plane off an amount on the latch side of an old (80 yr or so) interior door. Now i need to deepen the mortise the old style latch fits into. Kind of at a loss as to what to use to reach...
4
4