Subject Author Posted Replies

Speaking of Glue
I have used Gorilla glue for some projects, and like what I see. However I have a concern about converting to Gorilla glue. I make a lot of picture frames and stretchers. Most are standard Fur, pine,...
18
18

OT: Popular Woodworking Mail
I just opened mail from Popular Woodworking magazine. Realizing it was an offer, I was thinking of just throwing it away without looking since my reading stack is growing faster than I can keep up,...
8
8

And speakin' of dust collection
How much is this Penn State system worth used assuming it runs fine? almost to the bottom and on the right. thanks! Wendt Auction Services | Farm and Estate Auction Services serving eastern Kansas and...
2
2

Speaking of Vacuums
Posted on ABPW Enjoy Lew
5
5

Jointer SCMI F3a Info
OK guys, I took a look at the machine, and it is quite the beast. Now, I need help... I am looking for Operator & Parts list manual since I would want to install a new cutterhead and bearings. Did a...
2
2

Wood Seat "Bum" Depression
I'm making a chair and would like to create a depression in the wood seat for my butt to rest comfortably. Working in oak and sanding is WAY to slow. Suggestions as to how I might do this without...
15
15

useing veneer
I have not used veneer before, but the project that I'm working on is a jewlrey box, it will have a curved lid and I thought that if veneer was used on the ends it might hide the seem of the strips...
1
1

Margin for glass shelves...
The bathroom cabinet I am building has 7 adjustable (with shelf pins) 5/16" glass shelves. The sides and back are painted birch plywood and the face frame is poplar and the dimensions are 18" x 9"...
11
11

Me, with questions about teak again
...and thank you for the responses.But I'm still unsure about how to even out color. I now better understand that the problem is that they used sapwood, which is of course yellower. How do I battle...
1
1

My new router plane.
I have wanted a router plane for a while now. I decided on the Veritas over Lie Nielsen, and am I impressed. I bought the fence and all the blades with it. I stayed with SAE, I like to work in metric,...
3
3

New marker for dark woods.
I found a new marker for dark woods the other day. I do welding as well as wood working, and I took a soap stone marker to some walnut... NICE!!! I had been looking for a replacement to chalk since it...
7
7

Cutting small piece of (tempered) glass precisely?
I need to trim the glass diffuser for an LED light to fit inside a cabinet. I need to do it quite precisely and I have not been very good in the past using a standard glass cutter (either I have...
5
5

Elmer's Wood Glue Max
noticed this stuff at my local Home Depot the other day, and it looks like it's probably Elmer's answer to Titebond III. I love Titebond III, but I don't love the price, and the Elmer's product is a...
12
12

Glue
I'm a rank newbie. I need some wood glue. If I had to buy one glue, what should it be? If there are many different applications, and different glues are needed to do different things, which others...
17
17

SCMI F9a Jointer
I have an opportunity to get a SCMI F9a 12" jointer and have no luck finding out any information on this machine. Anyone ever hear or have any knowledge of this machine? As I would be interested in...
7
7