Subject Author Posted Replies

OUCH - #@%*)!!!!
I started to OT but it ain't. Even the most innocent tools in our shops are lurking, waiting to hurt is. Like my Irwin bar clamps. Today I was removing clamps from a cabinet frame. I am not sure how I...
15
15

Painting a Plywood Floor
I am enclosing my 1200 square foot pole barn and plan to use the space for my wood shop. I covered the concrete floor with a vapor barrier and 3/4 T&G plywood, intending to paint the floor. I...
9
9

Right angle cordless drill with a clutch?
I need a right angle cordless drill that has a clutch. I heard that Mikita might have had a 1/2 inch version, but don't see it on their website. I need one to drive my inline skating push stick. It...
19
19

floor finishing
I am refinishing a t&g pine floor, it was in very bad condition but has been patched, plugged and repaired. I've sanded and edged through 100 grit. conventional wisdom would say to put two coats of...
8
8

Burning beveled mitre cuts
I am using a Bosch 10 inch SCMS with a Woodworker 1 blade. The blade is clean and sharp and I am cutting 1x4 poplar (sealed and then painted on one side). When I lie the board flat on the table and...
1
1

Bosch FNA-250-15 Angled Finish Nailer?
Hi. I'm considering buying a Bosch FNA-250-15 Angled Finish Nailer. It's light at 4 pounds and has good reviews, but I have one qualm. And that qualm is that it has an oil-type air motor that requires...
12
12

Any suggestions for a good carbide-tip 7-1/4" rip blade?
For my trusty old Skil 77? I know there are various combination blades that purport to do a good job of ripping, but not all that make that claim even have a ATB&R configuration with raker teeth that...
1
1

RE: Chardon, Ohio
In addition to the latest high school shootings, Chardon is also home of EagleAmerica, a source of cutting tools for wood working. Lew
1
1

Darwin awards (Hope Twayne likes it)
Maybe. But it's a good bet that throughout the history of man and his stupidity, that he has done worse.
18
18

Another one for Twayne
Little Johnny! (Bless the little bugger). "Right class, today's assignment is to spell and use the word 'DOUGH' in a sentence." "Jane, you go first..." "Dough, D O U G H... Italians make pizza with...
1
1

Re: Tips on life (Twayne need not read)
----------------------------------------- My mother, then in her 80's, stalled her car at a traffic light. As she tried to restart her car, the guy behind her began to blow his horn. My mother, a red...
2
2

Personal Safety while Spraying
I use HVLP on a turbine. We have a very small shop so I either have to spray outside or build a temporary booth inside. I would like to hear what different people do to protect themselves why spraying...
7
7

O/T: Pregnant Blonde
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------ My wife, who is blonde, came running up to me in the driveway the other day, just jumping for joy! I didn't know why she was jumping for joy but I...
11
11

Sander
I am looking for a combination sander. One with a belt, disk, and drum on the same machine, for small items. They range all over the map pricewise. Without going to a real high quality unit, which is...
3
3

Ridgid -> DeWalt Battery Adapter
I wish someone would make an adapter that would allow powertools to use other manufacturer's batteries, like using my Ridgid batteries for DeWalt and vice-versa.
14
14