Subject Author Posted Replies

Off topic, humor related;Step aside Lew, it's my turn tonight.
(First time I heard this one, your results may vary) Marc John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather In a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan After spending a great evening chatting the...
2
2

HF returns
Here's what I posted on Yelp: Return policy precludes returns after 90 days. I purchased a whetstone grinder a few years ago and finally got around to opening it yesterday. Turn out the arbor is of...
12
12

Bench grinder recommendations
Looking for a bench grinder for my lathe tools. No Tormek in my budget, alas. Thinking of your run of the mill big box offering like Ryobi. 8" or is 6" adequate? How much HP? Wheel grit? Anything else...
3
3

Miter Guage
Still TS-less, but haven't quit looking (leaning toward Grizzly 0690 if I don't locate something used by the time I'm ready). It seems like a good miter guage is practically as important as a good...
36
36

Re: My Planer Problem and Solution
To those who offered help and advice, thanks. I got the problem solved. Simple, really. I rotated the blades. Duh. I was surprised they got so dull so fast but, then, they're just steel and I suppose...
2
2

Bandsaw recommendations
Looking for recommendations on a 14" (or larger) 110Volt bandsaw There's no 220 outlets / feeds in the garage so those can't be considered. I've read that the delta an X???? model has vibration...
26
26

steel city table saw on the way!
SO....I have a new Steel City table saw on order and should be delivered soon. This will be my first cabinet saw and my current contractor saw is literally older than I am...and I am not young by any...
21
21

measurements:
How do get correct inside measurements using a tape baseboard length between 2 walls, I am usually over length because of the bend in the tape against the wall? Sal
10
10

Drilling High Speed Steel
Trying to widen a hole on a planer blade that goes over a alignment pin on the cutterhead (DW735). I tried using a cobalt bit (rigid) and it ended up getting chewed up and cut very little metal. Is...
12
12

The three contractors O/T
Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at an Ottawa government owned house: One is from Vancouver , another is from Toronto and the third, is from St. John's, NFLD . All three go with a...
1
1

Cutting dados for thin shelves
Making an open front (no doors) sheet-music cabinet. This is to replace a = similar (garage sale) one that has failed. The failed on was particle boar= d sides with 1/16"=B1 shelves dado-ed every...
4
4

FS: DeWalt DC628K Cordless Nailer for Sale
DeWalt DC628K Cordless Nailer for Sale 15g DC628K 18-Volt Sequential or bump mode operation Easy access to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed nails No need for screwdrivers or tool wrenches...

I think I had a clever idea
I finally found the time to cut down the two plywood cabinet boxes I mentio= ned a few weeks ago. I cut one of the "sides" first, planning to cut the ot= her side next and then finally the back.=20...
3
3

FS - DeWalt D55141 Trim Compressor (Toronto)
DeWalt D55141 Trim Compressor 2 Gallon, 150 PSI Maximum 2.0 SCFM delivered @ 90 PSI pump, 2.0 gallon tank 79* dBA allows for quieter operation Roll cage and control panel provide protection to key...

For Sale Stuff Here?
I've got a DeWalt D55141 Trim Compressor that I'm selling. I'm wondering if posting the ad here will cause a problem?
1
1