Subject Author Posted Replies

Epoxy question
Once cured, most epoxies are pretty well impervious to most commonly encountered solvents, but surely there is some chemical that will break it down. Is anybody aware of a solvent that will "dissolve"...
10
10

Elmers white vs Titebond II.
Well I was running low on Titebond so I switched to some elmers white glue... I had asked the binaries group long ago what they preferred. Of course I got shot for that. Everyone would rather BS than...
6
6

Cleanin drawer slides
I am working on a project using 14 sets of Knape & Vogt KV8405 drawer slides. Because of limited shop space I temporarily stored a section of my project on my covered patio. Unfortunately we had a...
8
8

Pear wood
We have a pear tree in the back yard, the trunk is about 8 inch diameter at the base and maybe 4 1/2 feet tall, my wife wants to cut it down, is the wood potentially good for anything?
13
13

Table saw accident
A woodworking buddy of mine just told me about an accident that another acquaintance of ours had about a week ago. Not a fun story. This fellow (I'll call him John) has a contractor's saw (not sure of...
44
44

WWII 48 tooth blade
It arrived today and looks great. Now all I have to do is get everything off the table saw so I can change blades. The draw back to a unisaw with a 51" fence and a Laguna large sliding table is that...
5
5

Shopping upright band saw
Where you located--I've a 10" 30+ yr-old Craftsman on a homebrew stand that is fine for what it is size-wise. I'd only be looking to move it because I've decided I really want to be able to resaw some...
6
6

delta 13 inch finish planer
I'm not familiar with the planer, however: Head to screws engagement: So, there is more than one set of elevating screws? I would assume these will have to turn in unison, for the head to lower...
1
1

What's The Drill Part II
So I got my shiny new DeWalt cordless drill today. Pretty amazing how far technology has come in just 18 years :) One thing I noticed is that the numbers on the torque collar are painted on and are...
2
2

Need A New Jigsaw
tiredofspam wrote in news:Pa-dnflr1PVh5iLSnZ2dnUVZ I might have to give that a look. If the base on my 1590 is magnetic, it might work quite nicely. Thanks. Puckdropper
37
37

straight edge:
Hello W/W what do you guys use for a straight edge when ripping 8ft plywood? I looked at various pro. models but they are too expensive. Sal
23
23

What is it? Set 442
This week's set has been posted:
21
21

New additions to shop.
I wanted a sink in the shop to clean up paint brushes, dump and replenish water from my sharpening stones, other things. I can't have a sink connected to the water, or septic without paying a huge tax...
23
23

You know your shop is too small ...
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into your living room to trim it out: want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)
30
30

What's The Drill?
My beloved Makita 9V cordless drill is finally worn out. I think I got my money's worth - 18 years of home improvement, furniture projects, and general maintenance. So ... what shall I buy to replace...
18
18