Subject Author Posted Replies

How to build a dolls house?
Hello folks, I'm from the other side of the pond and would much appreciate all the advice I can get. Our daughter has recently made us proud grandparents. This is a good thing. My wife and daughter...
10
10

Interesting Project Idea
I ran into a couple guys building "Little Free Libraries". Then a local newspaper wrote an article about them. I followed up on the net and saw some very interesting little structures. Basically it is...
10
10

Cool Folding Chair - Update
I was able to learn who the gentleman was that made the folding chairs and we'll try to get some chair pics and other info. I was given permission to post the man's picture.
6
6

What is it? Set 449
I need help with three of them this week:
24
24

How difficult is it to "build" a door?
This is a continuation of the "Sagging Garage Door" saga from 06-17-12. What with the Big Heat, etc, it's no practical to repair the door. Have been to Lowes, etc. Can't find suitable replacement. How...
9
9

Left coast headed towards flesh detecting table saws in 2015
Blog references several LA Times articles. While proposed standards for table saw safety move slowly through the Consumer Product Safety Commission's rule making process, the State of California moved...
45
45

veneer
You can cut thins slice veneer with a band saw. And yes you can do it either way. Most do it with the cut out away from the fence and you need to adjust the fence each time. No big deal, you set up a...
21
21

Thanks, Klingspor
... For what they carry uniquely (basically the abrasives) they've always been at the top of mine from the time I first found 'em (which goes almost into the "wayback machine" mode)... Other things...
3
3

Need a part for delta jointer (2023 Update)
I broke my lever on my delta jointer 37-195 Part # 1346765 It shows as obsolete and not carried by any of the online parts houses I have checked with so far. Do any of you have an old jointer you...
16
16

Care and feeding of Draw Knives
I picked up a coupla draw knives at an antique store, and now get the interesting task of learning how to use them. It looks so simple watching Roy on TV *g*. How sharp do these need to be? Is the...
6
6

OT: Some Large Hadron Collider Humor
A Higgs-Boson walks into a Catholic church. The priest says, "We don't serve elementary particles in this parish." The Higgs-Boson replies, "But without me, how will you have mass?"
3
3

Forstener bit or ?
mkr5000 wrote in news:14f197d8-d19c-4a08-b9a9-81254ce58ec5 what I like, although as I'm covering the hole with a grommet, beauty isn't everything. anything like a more durable carbide tipped one etc....
11
11

Bending EMT
I learned tonight that my wall joints and ceiling joists don't coincide at the ends. So I'm faced with the following EMT-bending task (illustrated on my web site): confronting the problem, it stopped...
10
10

Lost Tools?
That's why I have attached a pencil to my safety glasses using a rare earth magnet. I use pen clips for the pencil and attached a mag to the frame. Best thing I ever did. I always have a pencil handy...
6
6

patio furniture:
I have not built one of these but I like the appearance: http://www.popularwoodworking.com/wp-content/uploads/Titanic-Deck-Chair-Article.pdfDan