Subject Author Posted Replies

Slightly OT -- drywall
SWMBO has been after me for some time to get rid of the dark T&G paneling in the den. I can either rip it down and replace with drywall or I'm thinking I can cover it with 1/4 inch drywall. If the...
11
11

Great woodworking video, circa 1923
think you'll like this! http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/9932/truly-old-school-woodworkingI
3
3

Varnish not drying properly
All, Continuing the project of varnishing the exterior face of a mahogany entry door. Is going well - better than I would have expected, certainly the result of all the helpful guidance from members...
11
11

ShopNotes issue 8 Box Joint Jig
ShopNotes issue 8 Box Joint Jig free download here: DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts,...
9
9

O/T: Alzheimer's - Pretty Amazing
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------- Check for Alzheimer's - Pretty Amazing. The following was developed as a mental age assessment by the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University. Take...
1
1

Help with table
This is a drop leaf table that has some spots (the white spots in photo posted in where the finish is completely gone. The table is about 70 years old. I have know idea what took the finish off. It is...
19
19

OT: GW Documentary "Cool It." Recommended!
I think it was Karl who recommended the documentary "Cool It" based on the book by Bjørn Lomborg. I can't recommend this movie enough. It's on netflix instant streaming and available for rental....
6
6

New Shop
Work begins today on my new shop, slab is being formed as I type. 75 tons of #57 was delivered earlier in the week for the base pad. If the weather cooperates I should have a shiny new slab at the end...
19
19

What is it? Set 452
I need some help with the second and third items this week:
12
12

OT: what the heck
all looks normal, now. Must've been a hick-up.
2
2

Walking
We are due to get a costco here in the next year. Right now it's about 45 minutes away.
27
27

Woodsmith box joint jig
Now does anyone know what issue the box joint jig that they sell plans to on the woodsmith site came from? The one that is familiar to the incra unit. The jig plans/parts have been out of stock for a...
30
30

Festool Domino - Tricks & Tips?
I finally broke down and purchased a Domino, the smaller DF500 version. It should be here tomorrow. It'll mostly be used for M&T joinery in cabinets and case type furniture. I'm not into chair...
7
7

Happy Birthday, Larry Jacques!
You're almost there, Larry, one more year ...
11
11

Best bang for ten bucks ...
you use pocket hole joinery and have a Rockler near you, you might want to see if they're running this in-store today. Stopped by and picked one up this morning for 9.99 (already have one without the...
37
37