Subject Author Posted Replies

Dont forget to snip!
I'm guilt as much as the next person. These threads are becoming tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long with redundant information. Snip!
4
4

OT: Removing remains of glued subfloor from joists
Anyone have a great method for removing the remains of a glued subfloor fro m joists? After I pull off the subfloor, there bits and pieces still glued on there. I've been using a chisel and hammer but...
14
14

Need ideas about using bearings for a spinning device
Hi! I am a teacher and I want to make a few of these gadgets for a project this fall. I'd like to make zoetrope/phenakistoscope boxes. My students will ma ke the actual drawings, but I want to make...
19
19

putting a header for a window
Also, doing a "sub-standard" job - window too big or whatever, just to use a "free" window generally ends up being "false economy" as you will have to look at the results for YEARS!!!! Let the moths...
106
106

Weather Proof Birch Wood
If your patio is covered and the table will rarely be exposed to direct sun light, then pretty much any marine finish will do fine. My patio swing was finished with spar urethane at least 25 yrs ago...
7
7

Now *That's* A Circular Saw!
I grabbed my phone a little too late, but I took a picture of my TV. This guy is cutting a tenon on a beam with a 16" circular saw, holding the saw straight out, above waist level. The show was about...

Weekend Project - Keeping SWMBO Happy
SWMBO wanted some planters for one of her flower gardens so she could dedicate some space for herbs. Right now she has herbs here, there, wherever she finds a spot. So, I made these this weekend. I...
17
17

Tung Oil & Val Oil- 2 Questions About Both
re: polymerized tung oil - some info here : " Storage: Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Air will cause the oil to congeal. If not using full container shortly, decant into smaller metal...
3
3

How to hide tools from the wife
11
11

OT - Vinyl Plank For Utility Trailer Floor?
The floor of my 5x8 utility trailer has seen much better days. I've been looking for an excuse to replace it and now I have one. I had a pallet of mulch loaded in by forklift and the floor got ripped...
28
28

cheap table saw
John T. Large Industrial Table Saw for auction. 575v 3 Ph 217"L×84"D
5
5

what is it ?
Local online auction - 2 corded power tools shown - .. what is the bottom one ? .. not a great photo .. and a worse description ! :-) John T. Real Auctions: Search, Bid, Win.
6
6

Re: White (mold?) in cedar closet
Any ideas how to keep a dehumidifier bucket clean? I have a new (couple of weeks) unit in my shop and I noticed tonight that the bucket has some dark slime on the bottom. The "bucket" has a lot of...
4
4

Elu belt sander MVB157
I HAVE A BRAND NEW ELU BELT SANDER MVB157. I AM AFTER THE CLAMP AND FRAME 4 IT PLEASE JONNY

HSS End Mill Bits
Has anyone got a source for buying these in bulk? Looking for 1/4" x 2.5".
2
2