Subject Author Posted Replies

Congratulations! Thanks for creating
Congratulations! Thanks for creating a new journal at LiveJournal! Please click on the following link to complete validation and set your primary email*: you are unable to click on the link, copy and...

What is it? Set 453
Today's set of items has been posted:
26
26

Need a Stanley 40?
I stumbled across a podcast series that was a lot like peanuts, I couldn't watch just one. (This probably says more about me than I want any psychakesist to know) They were all interesting, in their...
4
4

OT: chuckle
“Perhaps not surprisingly in a country where health care reform is so controversial, it was the high-profile presence of the NHS that stunned many American writers. … Certainly the U.S....

Fixing crap
I've started working with a general contractor who deals with the New Home Warranty program. Keep installing crap, you cowboys out there! I've got no shortage of well-paying work because of you. (no...
6
6

Best laid plans... (Sketchup, AutoCAD and Stickley)
1. Carefully measure from pictures and take dims from old catalogs to develop plans for a stickley reproduction side table #2568 (kind of rare). Like this one Create entire detailed model in Sketchup...
10
10

simple deception:
I found that making simple, I thought ,boxes no matter what size requires extreme accuracy for them to fit together properly. Sal
2
2

O/T: THAT SUCKS
There is a swimming pool as part of my complex. At 3:30 PM, this afternoon, the temperature was 95.2F. Time for a swim. Haven't been swimming in this pool for at least 3 years. As I approach the pool,...
4
4

OT: Engineers, geologists, and the Mars rover Curiosity
I want to thank all you engineers for building such a cool gizmo so we geologists can cruise around Mars and conduct some real science. Good job! -Zz "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if...
39
39

Cooling the shop.
I just got back from Californy today, where I had a nice birthday (59th) with family. Home and shop A/C was working fine until about 6pm when I felt warm air coming out of the vent. Awshit. Took a...
39
39

Re: Rehanging a door with smaller hinges
What does your contract specify? If it just says "hanging doors" you are getting what you paid for. A good craftsman would fill the spaces from the old hinges, but if you did not make that part of the...
2
2

Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...
32
32

Owners of Incra I-Box Jig please to read
Greeting from woodworker in Cologne Germany! I must request that some of you kind persons who own the new Incra I-Box jig to please make an iso image of the instructional DVD which is included when...
9
9

OT: What should be an Olympic sport
Rule one: You must measure achievement by how far you've thrown something than others. Or Rule two: You must measure achievement by how much faster you are then others. or Rule three You must measure...
12
12

Bosch Multitool
A few months ago, I asked about multitools. The Bosch was one of the ones recommended, and knowing their reputation for smooth jigsaws, I decided to try their multitool. I got the MX25EC-21. It's well...
3
3