Subject Author Posted Replies

Wardrobe
I've got a notion to build a couple of wardrobes for our bedroom. As an idea, it has scarcely reached the "half-assed" stage. There's no set design yet. They would be roughly 32W x 24D x 84H. As...
36
36

Wooden Safe
Hi I got this crazy idea for the winter - to build a safe in style of "Franz J= =E4ger", used in a series on Danish movies. The safe does not exist in the = real world. E.g there are much more on...
2
2

Shadow Box coffee table - Ping Han
A guy in Florida just emailed me about the possibility of building a shadow box coffee table for his Civil War artifacts. Have you started on yours yet? I'll probably use the same design we came up...
14
14

In the interest of woodworking content - Part Deux:
Basically finished a remodel job yesterday, so had time to get back in the shop and start on Part Two of these bath cabinets for a client. There are two of these going above the commode in two...

Bandsaw dust collection followup
I've had some pretty good bandsaw use the last couple of days, and the vacuum port on the bottom of the door is working great. There's no dust collecting inside the case and the tire doesn't have much...

Die grinder air consumption
I'm looking into buying a die grinder spec'd at 90 psi at 1.9 cfm. My air supply is a 6 gal dual hot dog tank compressor. Is there a way I can calculate the amount of run time of this grinder on 6...
3
3

I cut my goddam toe off
Dropped the buzz saw, which I had just bought at a well-known hardware store. I guess steel toed boots would have been a good idea, but I didn't know the damn blade was that sharp. Do I have grounds...
17
17

An Apology to the Group
To everybody here on the .rec, well most of you anyway, I owe an apology :) I've been having some personal problems and I've let them affect how I respond to others. Sometimes I get to gnawing on a...
7
7

Table top pictures
Since I had a few days for the glue (Weldwood Plastic Resin Glue) to arrive, I decided to do something more creative than just cutting wood into strips. There's now a picture in the wood that is...

Applying Shellac
Ok, i got a dousing of BLO applied and wiped down on a red oak floor. Now i need to know what is the best way (that is not spraying) to apply the wax free shellac sealer. I'm gonna start on this...
4
4

OT: What are your thoughts on this?
better way to pick the kids up, so as not to block the street. They could widen the shoulder to accomodate a lane to wait in allowing thru traffic claer access jmo
122
122

I've heard of shade tree mechanics
But yesterday was the first time I ever saw a shade tree wood worker. I was out riding my bicycle yesterday afternoon. As I came around the bend in the trail over at the park I heard a motor noise and...
2
2

OT: spam success
I have multiple email accounts. One of them doesn't do much filtering, so I get all the spam. Including what seems like an endless stream of Nigerian etc. funds transfer ones. I suppose someone must...

Laguna Tools - The Descrinimating Woodworker DVD
Hi. I've got a Laguna DVD here, entitled The Discriminating Woodworker. Can't remember where I got it, probably at some woodworking show, but it's got some interesting stuff on it ~ general...

Blade tension
This may be a stupid question but how or what is the proper way to determine the correct blade tension on a bandsaw? I think my last blade broke due to it being too tight, but not certain. I want to...
23
23