Subject Author Posted Replies

Construction Adhesive advice
Want to do a project tomorrow, exterior use, exposed to water, possibly lots at times but not submerged. Is there a recommended brand/type that any of you have used and can confirm will work? I will...
14
14

Converting contractor's table saw
Some while back I read (and saved but can't find) an article about converti= ng a contractor's table saw (open legs) to a cabinet saw. The aim is to be= able to do dust collection. These were detailed...
14
14

OT: Comcast
I ordered a cell phone today (yes, this was a hurdle--but the hurdle seemed lower after I found out I was going to get 1 year's service and 1200 minutes with it for $99). I'm looking forward to...
47
47

Old Shops
I was driving home from the hardware store today and saw a sign for an estate sale. Those things are often a bit sad. Because somebody's whole life is boxed up and sold. Often without any reverence...
9
9

Sorry, a real Woodworking post
I've been needing to build a drag box for my 55' Makita plunge saw guides, so I finally broke down and built it yesterday. Using pristine Lauan plywood from some januwine Chiwanese package I received,...
16
16

Oil-less compressor replacement tank...
It's not worth a lot, granted, but I did just recently put a new set of rings in it so the compressor portion is good for quite a while yet...but the small (6-gal) tank sprung a series of pinholes the...
9
9

Sewing machine lift
My wife has asked me to make her a sewing machine table with a machine lift in it. I have been told that the pneumatic lifts that Rockler among others sells tend to bounce. Does anyone know where I...
3
3

OT: Resistance is Futile
Ok .. I have to throw a question out to clear my head... How does wire thickness (AWG) relate to conductivity? Why?? I have a friend (I know, I know, but it's sadly true) who changed his propane stove...
16
16

Vote - Hand Tool Contest
Voting opened today. Two entries each made w/ all hand tools. http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll_toy.php

shop progress, part 3
Blocks are laid, now to pour the lentils. I've got the trusses ordered, but there is a two week delivery time on them :( Picture of the truss design, mine will have plates to attach perlins every 2...
11
11

Re: In the interest of woodworking content - Part Deux: FINISHED
7
7

OT Humor/Political: Scam Alert
'Seen today:
15
15

OT Ping Leon, Record Tall Great Dane
't know if you've seen this. Mike M http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/Say-hello-to-Zeus-the-worlds-tallest-dog-169647076.htmlDon
3
3

Pizza peel refinish
My pizza peel - Emma ( yah it's a tired old joke, but I laughed, did you?) is a bit cut up and I thought about doing a refinishing job on it. I figured sanding with 220 grit to smooth out the knife...
12
12

What is it? Set 458
A new set of items has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob