Subject Author Posted Replies

Surprise!
I was pretty pleased with myself for scoring some nice reclaimed cherry for a couple of projects -- coffee table and TV stand. All the hardware had been removed and I checked the boards carefully...
11
11

chifforobe castors
basilisk wrote the following on 10/15/2012 10:59 AM (ET): Google - wooden casters -, then click on images.
10
10

Old wooden lunch box
Not woodworking, but indentifying - anyone tell me anything about this one? I have more pictures I can send by email WBR Sonnicj http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/MVC-271X.JPGCan
2
2

Carbide tipped turning tools
If you just paid a gazillion dollars for a bogus tool, you'd hesitate letting the world know about your inept purchase, wouldn't you? It's embarrassing. (Unless you returned it immediately.) The...
17
17

Question about tables
Here's a question for group that maybe someone can answer. What are occasional tables the rest of the time? :) :) Sorry -- couldn't resist.
9
9

Impact drivers drive screws? <doh>
Yes indeedy.... I couldn't figger out the functional diff between the drill/driver and the impact driver I bought was initially going to query the groups on this, but then I found inneresting review...
4
4

Saturday AM maintenance ...
Been putting up with a slow leak in the air compressor and simply haven't had time to address it. With the last project that is not in planning stages out the door, this morning was a good time to...
19
19

Jet 6" Jointer opinion
Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person yet. TIA
8
8

O/T: Endeavor
The space shuttle, Endeavor, all 65 tons, 78 ft wing span, and some 120 ft long, is on the move. This time down the streets of Los Angeles from LAX to her final resting place, about 12 miles away....
37
37

Book: "Furniture Treasure", Wallace Nutting, 1928
Both. All browsers today have broken/limited/awkward bookmarking systems. -- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law
28
28

O/T: A Romantic Story
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------- A Romantic Story AKA: A Trip To THe Mall A couple was Christmas shopping at the mall on Christmas Eve and the mall was packed. As the wife walked through the...

Price for rough cherry?
What is anybody paying for rough 4/4 cherry now days? West coast would be m= ost relevant. 8 footers mostly 6+ inches wide. I have some huge stacks in the SF bay area and might want to sell some off.=...
9
9

O/T: Ode To The Colonoscopy
Ode To The Colonoscopy At my age a colonoscopy is usually performed at five year intervals unless polyps are found, then it is a three year interval. I'm on three year intervals. Three years ago was...
4
4

Chinese and Japanese joinery by William Ng
Darrell Peart shows us various Greene & Greene joints and embellishments and William Ng shows us several amazing Chinese and Japanese joints! Original post on our site with additional comments:...
1
1

What is it? Set 462
I need some help on the last one in this set: car>>>My uncle had one similar. Rumble seat and that small side door. In 1932 he would take me and his son rabbit hunting in Colorado. Could slide the...
31
31