Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: New York Lawyer vs Texas Sheriff
Enjoy Lew --------------------------------------------------------------------- A New York lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Texas sheriff's deputy. He thinks that he is smarter than...
17
17

eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - project start?
Moving off a far distant, furthermost back burner, and toward a back burner closer to the front, is a personal bar stool project: buying project wood is usually a sure sign that a project will be...
26
26

Cribbage board template $47.99
The strongest argument I ever heard for a CNC router! : )
2
2

O/T: Yo-Yo's
Enjoy Lew -------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently read of a freighter loaded with yo-yo's which ran into a typhoon off the coast of Japan. Reportedly, the ship...
5
5

I'd like your advice on wood expansion
I am making a cover from teak to cover the mantle on my fireplace. The current mantle is really ugly piece of blue stone. The teak will match a teak entertainment center I built a year ago. The mantle...
11
11

What is it? Set 464
I need some help with the second item this week:
27
27

I lost a finger
Ok - Not really. A safety reminder: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid=199

Chair Design Accommodating the Ladies
Just some more info I'm finding interesting... reading through "The Early F= urniture of French Canada". This info is relative to other than just Canad= ian furniture. "Console legs" - When I read...
4
4

Durable Exterior Finish
Greetings! It has been years since I've been on rec.woodworking! I wonder if some of t= he old names are still here? Question out of desperation -- a blend of 'woodworking' and large-scale fin=...
25
25

OT: Malala Yousufzai
Malala is the little girl shot by the brave men of the Taliban, for wanting to read and write. What ever your religious persuasion, or lack of it, lets pray that she recovers, and has a chance to...
19
19

New project - not much wood, but some
I may have asked about something similar a long while back, but I'm getting closer to doing it now. I need to build a one-piece "top" for some off the shelf bookshelf units. The top will have two...
17
17

Backing for Mirror
We are planning on putting a mirror to cover the TV hole above our fireplace. The plan is to remove minimal trim, place shims on the sides of the existing opening so the mirror is flush with the back...
24
24

Drill Press Foot Pedal
Years ago I had plans for a foot pedal to raise and lower a drill press. The pedal would raise and lower the quill allowing you to have 2 hands to control the wood. I am now unable to find these...
2
2

Plywood to Particle Board
When face-to-face gluing plywood to particle board does it help any to use screws under any circumstances? I'm not referring to an advantage during the drying process since I have clamps. I'm talking...
9
9

OT: Oil lamp sconces - information request
I'm thinking about buying or building some oil lamps to hang on the walls f= or additional light/in case of blackouts. I have an idea of what I want b= ut I'm not convinced I can find it online. Is...
6
6