Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping - Larry Jaques
Here's some rocker pics. And, yes, I think this is the most comfortable seating I've ever made. Everyone likes the comfort of this rocker seat and the rocking action of the chair.
4
4

Hidden storage spare
found this on the net... Liveleak.com -
3
3

What is it? Set 465
I need some help with the second and fourth items this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
33
33

O/T: Halloween is Coming
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Halloween is coming! A man is walking home alone late one foggy night... when behind him he hears: Bump... BUMP......
2
2

Variations in Dimensional Stability Between Edge-Joined Materials
I just finished a repair project that required me to edge join plywood to vinyl covered particle board. I used wood filler in the seam and intend to use Bondo to repair the particle board edges where...
11
11

Salvaging an Old Cypress House
Last minute decision to salvage the lumber of this old cypress house on the= farm, as the area was to be dozed, to clear & clean it. This house isn't = too large and we're not sure when it was built,...
8
8

Sawing laminate countertop to length
Looking for suggestions as to the best way to cleanly saw (straight, square, no tear-out) about 18 inches off the length of a 10ft Lowe's laminate coutertop: this thing has a 5" integrated backsplash,...
17
17

OT: O M G.... the Mighty Morphin Frankenstorm.........
CLOSED! http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hurricane-sandy-hundreds-east-coast-movie-theaters-still-180214944.htmlSTILL
1
1

heating shop
We'll be moving next month and I'm going to wall off part of the garage for a shop. Still a small shop, but more than the 11x13 shed I have now. A wood stove isn't an option because I don't generate...
27
27

Saw blade sharpening
Yes, I do own a single high end 10" saw blade. However, most of the time I keep an el-cheepo HF 10" 40 tooth carbide blade on the table saw. Just fine for ripping two by fours etc. They do dull and I...
8
8

O/T: Sandy
For all you folks getting ready to crawl into a "huricane hole" and wait Sandy out, my thoughts are with you. Best of luck. Lew
49
49

Router quarter round bit operation
Need to use the router for a quarter round on a cherry edge. Using 1/2 roundover bit on a 1/4 shank. Can I do this in one pass or do I need to make several passes? Larry
6
6

Ping: Larry Jaques - Re plate Joiner
Larry, I recall you own some Makita tools, and I know you use your tools. I was looking at the Makita plate joiner (J7000). If you have a plate joiner whose precision you are very happy with, I hope...
61
61

Adhesive coated, collated finish nails?
I thought you could buy finish nails that had the adhesive coating on them = that melts from the friction of driving the nail and then rehardens. I'm h= aving trouble finding them though...25d, 15g,...
13
13

Make a Bandsaw Tension Gauge
Make a DIY bandsaw tension gauge: I have been applying way too little tension on my blades. Now I have a much better idea of where I should be w/ tension. (I was never a big fan of the pluck and...
17
17