Subject Author Posted Replies

Building a Bartley kit
I inherited Bartley wall cabinet kit 0070 without instructions. Appears to be complete except for the glass, which is easily sourced. Not having assemble such a kit, or other piece of furniture - is...
19
19

Blue wood
Who knew that beetle stains can still make wonders and huge sales for those guys. Blue wood hasn't been that much popular because it's often called a stained wood and we always want those good looking...
9
9

RE: Potluck Rob & Friends
See Lew

O/T: A Sobering Moment
Two of my female high school class mates died in this week. One of them shared a desk with me in home room all during high school. Those shared desks were common back then. Time marches on. Up with...
4
4

Ibox, Leon
Finally got a chance to play with it. Had a little trouble getting set up as I have a right tilt saw. But got throught that and first pass my joints are too tight, and too deep, Any suggestions? Damn...
4
4

O/T: What Goes Around Comes Around
Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday afternoon (02/26/11). --------------------------------------------- Monday afternoon (12/19/11), the price of gas is now down to $3.29/gal at...
4
4

Rebuilding Rechargable batteries
I am looking for a new rebuilder, I had been using PrimeCell. About 2 years ago I had a battery rebuilt by Prime cell and it worked great for about 18 months. This battery was run down almost...
17
17

What is it? Set 469
Today's set has been posted:
29
29

Final last word on the mirror above the fire place.
I put the mirror above the fireplace and it is almost done. I glued the mirror to MDF, and placed 1X2's around the hole. I am using 1" cove molding to hold and trim the mirror. That is the good news....
14
14

Ping Robotoy
Hey buddy, haven't seen any messages from you lately. You still with us?
30
30

1/2-inch breakers for Crouse-Hinds load center?
I am trying to add a 220v 20a circuit to my 1981 Crouse-Hinds CTL load center. It has (20) 1-inch slots, but has 40 poles and is rated for 40 circuits, using 1/2-inch (tandem) breakers. However,...
8
8

Good deal on Quick Grip 12" Light-Duty Clamps
Our local HD had these in one of the "impulse buy"/gift bins in the main aisle. 4 for $20. How the gods must chuckle at us poor beasts and our deficient allotment of hands; two is never nearly enough....

OT: Spray foam release agent?
Just getting ready for the spray foam guy and was sorta thinking I'd like t= o be able to tear off the roofing planks down the line if I need to. In th= ose areas where the foam will be in direct...
7
7

Glue for finished surfaces?
I made a small cabinet for the bathroom. It's finished with Waterlox. I now find that I need to attach a mounting piece or two. I could screw them in, but what are my glue options?
6
6

How to make this profile?
I'm planning on making some boxes for birthday presents in late January. The profile for the box sides is shown here: plan is to make a single piece about 48" long for each box, then cut it into four...
28
28