Subject Author Posted Replies

12/07/2012
71 years and counting. I still remember. Lew
16
16

Wood, and more wood ...
From Artist Giuseppe Penone carefully removes the rings of growth to reveal the "sapling within". By carving out the inside of a tree trunk and leaving the knots in place, they eventually emerge as...
16
16

Re: What do you put on a brown wood door facing the sun & rain?
The opening is about 7 feet by 7 feet. The glass is two pane thick. The door itself is only 3 and one half feet wide and feels like solid. I do not think I want to paint. I want to stain to same color...
24
24

Answer from SawStop
"To answer your question: if there is a power failure while the saw is running, the cartridge might stay powered for about 1-2 seconds at most while its internal voltage falls off. So under those...
38
38

Re: eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Glue-up Part1
Glue-up commences on the side assemblies: Album Archive
7
7

Shop progress
I left off with waiting on delivery of trusses, they were 2 weeks out, more about this later. U-blocks and one lintel over wide door in side was poured without difficulty. In an attempt to save money...
1
1

What is it? Set 470
This week's set of items has been posted:
19
19

Blade-welding blues....
Awl -- I have a old DoAll DBW-1 blade welder (10465106), and for the life of me, I can't weld 1/2" blades for my 4x6 saws. There seems to be a fundamental problem between the spring tension that draws...
9
9

Dave Brubeck - He changed many of us.
In June of 1967 I graduated from the Pittsburg State (KS) technical program= and went to work for Beech Aircraft Corporation in Wichita. I was a count= ry boy. It would be four months before I would...
8
8

An idiot and his sander...
I've already built a few simple projects, but I find that the ignorance lingers, even as regards some very basic concepts. I learned a ways back (the hard way) that "modern" ply can't be sanded a...
9
9

Common Sense in regulations?
wanted the runoff from logging to be treated like industrial waste flowing out of a pipe...
8
8

Best sander for beginner restorator
Hi there, My husband is really keen to get into furniture restoration, mainly tables and basic wooden furniture. I wanted to get him a sander for Christmas to start off his tool collection but I am...
15
15

Sealing Plywood
I just finished making a plywood door for a game cabinet The original door had been made of particle board, but the 3/8" lip on both ends had begun to disintegrat over the years. Since the...
13
13

Lowes vs. HD....
Per Lew Hodgett: Might be a location/climate thing. I took a bunch of cuttings from my parent's house at the Jersey shore, planted them along the sides of our house about 30 years ago and they've been...
71
71

Workbench end vise question
Been reading a lot about workbench construction and, in particular, the construction of end vises. I note that most of the ones I have looked at use wood for the "tracks" and other support members....
14
14