Subject Author Posted Replies

Progress in Indianapolis explosion case
Thanks for the link, Doug. I just finished reading the affidavit. Whew!
5
5

needing advice on best way to finish the project
------------------------------------------------ Is this a "show" truck or a "work" truck? If this is a "work" truck, forget it. If this is a "show" truck, I'd use white oak and seal it with Epifanes...
13
13

World's oldest woodworks
paragraph gives woodworking details. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121220080130.htm4th
3
3

OWWW
... don't toppost... :( Worked fine for me just now... --
10
10

Dado Blades
Lacking a TS hasn't kept me from being interested in dado blades sets. It appears that the Freud SD208 (and I assume the DeWalt DW7670 dado blade set) are make out of thinner steel on the outside...
1
1

Nifty shop toy?
This intrigues me, but I can't fathom how I would use it. Ideas? http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/3460965718.htmlLarry
7
7

Historic 18th century woodshop unveiled in Massachusetts
Interesting read, even without photos: how little thought today's average doofus gives to fabricating some of the basic necessities of life ... someplace else to eat, sleep and sit, besides on the...
4
4

What is it? Set 472
I need some help with the second item this week:
20
20

HVLP: What Tips to Use for Shellac? Karl, Leon?
I got the HVLP sprayer from HF, same one as Rockler. I used it to spray some Zinsser BIN and it came out pretty good. However, I sort of just guessed at what tip to use and I don't know if it was the...
33
33

Router Table Top
I'm looking for recommendations for a router table top for which I can make my own base. This will have to be a benchtop unit as I don't have room in my shop for a router table with a floor standing...
19
19

RE: Rob Sekeris
Just got off the phone with Rob, AKA: , in Sarnia, ONT. He asked that I update the list RE: His status. His quote: "They are done with tests". He is pretty much taking it one day at a time and has...
6
6

Re: Tools of the Trade TS Safety
... And, I'll bet that an independent postmortem accident analysis would show that a very high percentage of the 8% who blamed the saw or claimed a "complete fluke" would also find most blame owing to...
23
23

Instagram
If any wreckers use Instagram for pics, be aware they are changing their TOC and now claim the right to sell your pictures, without compensation, in perpetuity.

Finishing surfaces that won't show?
Context:Plywood built-in bookcases. I assume I should seal all surfaces in some way, even though the top, bottom, back and one side will never be seen. True? If so, what should I use? If it simply...
10
10

O/T: "Retarded" Grand Parents
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Written by a third grader, on what his grandparents do. After Christmas, a teacher asked her young pupils how they...