Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: Rob's Pic
Posted again for those who may have missed in over on a.b.p.w Lew
6
6

Airplane cabinet
Sheila down under IIRC.
22
22

Lumber coming tomorrow...
I've asked a number of questions here lately. The scary part starts tomorrow. I'm building some bookcases that will sit atop a long row of existing cubbyhole units to form a pseudo "built-in". It's...
28
28

TaylorMade R9 SuperTri driver is Awesome!
I have been playing with this 'Taylormade R9 SUPERTRI Driver' ( for just over a year and it's my favorite driver to date. I've thought about upgrading to the R11, but I just can't justify it based on...
4
4

Rob Sekeris, RIP
R.I.P. Rob. I talked to you frequently online, but never got to meet you in person. My loss. This newsgroup will feel your absence for a some time to come.
26
26

O/T: Irish Baby
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------------------------------------- An Irishman drinking in a London bar gets a call on his cell phone. He announces his wife has just given birth to a...

OT: air cleaner
I'm hoping someone here has the info I need. We just bought an older (1956) house. It has a "Chrysler Airtemp Electronic (or Electrostatic) Air Cleaner". I could find nothing about it online except...
6
6

Expansion from moisture calculator
Sorry to start a new thread but I think it's worth it :) I added a scrolling table of lumber moisture percentages for different parts of the USA at different times of the year. The data came from...

Chalk temperature ...
Sold by WoodCraft, has anyone used Veneer Bond High Performance PVA Adhesive. Do you know the chalk temperature?
3
3

bending thin hardwood
Yes, overbend since it will spring back. Use trial and error if you have the time. Laura, steaming the wood might save you a lot of headaches. Alternatively, look into laminating the backs yourself if...
5
5

Targets for toy bow and arrow
1/8" doorskin or 1/4" ply would be good. Use lightweight steel hinges, and put a washer under the middle of the bottom of the unmoving hinge half. That should spring the hinge pin enough to keep the...
3
3

What is it? Set 473
O.K. So my estimate of the size of the glass parts was wrong. Not bell jars, but rather something similar to cap over a cut to collect blood. At least this explains the trigger like protrusions on the...
24
24

Raised panel doors
Working on a hard maple dining room buffet that will have two doors, each a= bout 17" square. I usually opt for floating plywood panels, but would like= to try raised floating panels for this project....
8
8

Dado depth?
> I usually dado to 3/8" depth in 3/4" material whether it is solid or plywood. Why? No analytical reason - that is the way I have always done it and it seems to work.
29
29

Finishing Oil
After making the sample Shawl Pin, which turned out nice for a piece of pine, I decided to go further and make more using much of the Black Walnut I have. Those who read the Shawl Pin topic, will know...
18
18