Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Outsourcing Your Work
Here's one for you programmers out there. A US employee in a critical infrastructure job, outsourced all his work to a company in China. This US employee's work was so good that for many months, he...
7
7

Looking for plans for a couch/fold-out bed
My wife already has three cushions for which she wants me to build a frame that folds from a couch (or chair) position into a single-person bed. So far, I've only run across plans for ones that are...
5
5

Fast reacting and thinking Wood Whisperer
During the recent Dogon Platform Bed project, I had to glue a long bevel for the headboard and utilized glued-on cauls. I was a little nervous about the glue holding and thanks to 35 years of eating...
1
1

Pictorial anatomy of a complete kitchen remodel, in two parts:
Leon and I teamed up building and installing this kitchen in 2011, but there was a lot of work, taking it "to the studs", to do beforehand: Part 1: Demolition and preparation: 2: Design, Build and...
6
6

modifying cafe door swing
I have an area where I want to put a cafe door. As most of you know, the standard hinges for those are pivot hinges...pins in the top and bottom of the hinge stile fit into holes in "L" shaped jamb...
1
1

Re: Humor For Old Guys
Hey Lew, I told that last joke to my younger brother a few months ago and he quipped "Well you know, most woodworkers are usually boring holes." I got his joke after a brief thought process. Marc

Make a bandsaw template jig
Let me know your thoughts on this: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=70
33
33

Gloat Revisited
Okay.. My gloat (Hegner Polymax-3) is now confirmed. After the complete assessment of the saw and obtaining parts from the US Distributor, Advanced Machinery (whose customer service is as fine as the...
3
3

Woodworking and Big Government
No wonder why the government spends so much money if it practices spending the way it practices volunteering. Obama and his wife need 2 extras to help paint a small book shelf.
3
3

OT. Small motor
I realize this is not probably the best place to ask this question, but collectively the people on this form have experience with every thing. My question concerns our gas fire place. it is the kind...
23
23

Roentgen's furniture - What are the odds?
Recent posts of the furniture amazed us all. Now this: http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/104971/hidden-genius-the-extraordinary-furniture-of-roentgenCoincedence
2
2

Jointer usage question
I recently purchased a used Delta 37-190 6" jointer. I need to edge joint a 6' long board. The finished board needs to be 6' so I can't cut it to do the job in smaller sections if that is relevant. My...
10
10

Ouch!
Marketing to the masses, AKA the eternal quest to come up with something new to screw the woodworking consumer? how deep the discount will be at this time next year ... No thanks ... and don't bother...
10
10

Opinions on Pocket Hole Jigs
I bought the Kreg k3 some years ago, not too expensive, simple, efficient, versatile and possibly one of my most used tools. I don't know anything about anybody elses jig, I would spring for another...
18
18

Drawer side stock?
3/4 inch or nominal 1/2 inch? The 1/2 inch is 7/16 alder from the local Menards. Drawer size is approximately 18" square. Thanks! Larry
53
53